australia does anyone know anything bout the plaster out there

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
mainly tape and joint and render my mate went a year ago and found it very dificult to find work he is a fixer and he said most of the work is tied up by asian gentlemen who dont speak any english also its mainly one man bands not big companies. He also has to get assessed to trade as a dryliner, he only boards and does the metal but thats no use coz he has to be able to tape.

If you have any kind of work ethic you'd probably do quite well as the Aussies are lazy f**k**s

My mate was a bricky over there for 25 years and he asked me about ten years ago to send him some artex combs and stipplers over as it was getting big out there... but i have heard they are still stuck in the 80's still using sand and cement renders etc... if anyone knows differnt please tell

Render Systems said:
My mate was a bricky over there for 25 years and he asked me about ten years ago to send him some artex combs and stipplers over as it was getting big out there... but i have heard they are still stuck in the 80's still using sand and cement renders etc... if anyone knows differnt please tell

http://www.rainbowrender.com/ check them out render. My old man brought their s**t over in 02/03. Bagged undercoat, tubbed finish. Any colour you want, variety of textures. Kicked the arse out of s+c/krend and everything else I used. Undercoat and finish coat put together came out at something like 14 mm or some such thickness. Breeze to use. Rubbed up with plastic floats of which I still have have a box heh

My mate whos a Bricky went to live there for a few yrs ages ago and said they were a bunch of c**ts. Looked at him as if he was scum. Comin here takin our jobs, that sort of thing. Then went to another site and they were ok.???!!!
Ive heard off a few women that lived there that the Ozzies arent very friendly and the ex pats were the only ones that talked to them. Then again my Cousin says their sound but the flies p*ss you off.

Hello

Well as you know I have just been there for 6 months and I got offered some rendering work with a gang of lads but at 40 degree heat I actually turned it down.... I was well relaxed by that time

But the thing was whenever anybody asked what I did and I would say plasterer I got abbused I mean really abused I nearly slapped this chippy for being such an arrogant tosser.

So wheneveranybody asked me what i do I just say web designer simple easy and most of the time people tend to ignore me cos I am a geek... which is not a lie.

They dont skim out there and its all acrylic renders not much sand and cement

Nice country fantastic work lifestyle and even doing bar work pays £12 phr.... my girl was behind a bar and earnt pretty good money for what she did..

It does get cold in ozzy though brrrrrr

Good luck

Danny

I think Australians are lazy c**ts. And I f**k**g hate barbecues. What's all that about? Burnt on the outside, raw in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.