Assistance: Advise Please.

Members online

Cheekychee

Hello all.

I am a newbie. who doesn't know much about repair work in the house. Therefore could you give me some advice, please.

Recently I removed 'acrylic' sealant from the UPVC windows perimeter - indoor.

When doing so, the caulk removed the top layer of the plasterboard.

Thinking about the 'cross-section' of the plasterboard, the top layer is meant for paint, and now it reveals 'cardboard' like

Should I seal it with PVA / sealer, then fill the gap with acrylic sealant, and then finish off with Zinsser primer and sealer such as Bullseye 123.

OR

Drastically, do I actually need to seal the damaged perimeter plasterboard and then plaster the whole perimeter / fill it up with filler?

I received some mixed advice on what 'sealant should I use' such as acrylic sealant to be painted. OR Low modulus sealant.

I don't need to paint the sealant, as I only use white on most surfaces for ease of maintenance and gain in surface reflectance.

I do know 'adherence' for silicon sealant is important. Therefore, the correct 'steps and preparatory' work is paramount.

Sorry to bore you with it and unable to contribute much to the community because of my lack of practical knowledge in this.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20210708_193122.jpg
    IMG_20210708_193122.jpg
    608 KB · Views: 171
A decent honest post, deserves a reply. In my view, others may disagree, use a bit of simple filler to level the surface, don't worry about the gap, thats what the silicon is for. Give the filler edge a lick of ordinary paint to match the rest, then go round with the white silicon. Job done. Good luck.

A decent honest post, deserves a reply. In my view, others may disagree, use a bit of simple filler to level the surface, don't worry about the gap, thats what the silicon is for. Give the filler edge a lick of ordinary paint to match the rest, then go round with the white silicon. Job done. Good luck.
Hello Brimstone.

Thank you for the guidance. I appreciate your advice, kindness and understanding.

I am a keen learner. ;)

Hey Carl.

Need to solve this soon

Bun is coming out of the oven in 5 weeks. The baby
fill it all with bonding coat, flatten it with a brush and then when it's dry and re-painted, it should pretty much match up with the shyyte paint job next to it

You will come

Lol

Highly likely

Bet I will be selling loads of hangover pill

Just be careful with aspirin. Don't take it on empty stomach

Probably hydration is the safest and 'best' for hangover. That is hydration by water not more alcohol
Do you know how to make mdma?
Asking for a friend.

Geocel decorators caulk then paint it
Ok. I read the trade frameseal is low on stock.

I believe there is range change / relaunch by Sherwin

Thank you.

Otherwise I will look out for Soudal Acryrub or Soudal Arcyrub SWS

The silicanised arcylic sealant chemistry sounds ok but in reality I think it is all about prep work rather

Unless suggested otherwise by you guys.

Thank you again

You can’t paint over silicone sealant hence using caulk internally against painted walls
Some silicone is paintable but IMO it is a cheap and nasty production aimed at DIY persons

fill it all with bonding coat, flatten it with a brush and then when it's dry and re-painted, it should pretty much match up with the shyyte paint job next to it

You will come
Lol agree

I can't make it nice

Otherwise my wall will be more ugly.

There are too many ugly spots on the wall and in my house

There are too many short cuts and poor workmanship.

I don't have the privilege to enjoy such quality

The house is just for warmth and against weathering. Therefore I aim for no leakage and no condensation.

You can’t paint over silicone sealant hence using caulk internally against painted walls
Some silicone is paintable but IMO it is a cheap and nasty production aimed at DIY persons

Ok. Will use the plain and simple caulk rather than some 'special' product.

You will come

On reflection.

You are amazing for your high standard of finishing.

Please uphold it.

It frustrates me when I see substandard work. This upvc windows does not even have sealing externally. There is a big gap. It is only protected by roof overhang and also 2 pieces against rain water.

I can't get the silicon even with multi angle nozzle in unless I pray it open. I am now planning to insert backing rod.

My guttering is not even alligned properly.

Therefore I appreciate your high standard in work.

Statistically this upvc windows need changing soon. So if you have any upvc person that has the same high standard of yours in E16 London. Please advise me.

On reflection.

You are amazing for your high standard of finishing.

Please uphold it.

It frustrates me when I see substandard work. This upvc windows does not even have sealing externally. There is a big gap. It is only protected by roof overhang and also 2 pieces against rain water.

I can't get the silicon even with multi angle nozzle in unless I pray it open. I am now planning to insert backing rod.

My guttering is not even alligned properly.

Therefore I appreciate your high standard in work.

Statistically this upvc windows need changing soon. So if you have any upvc person that has the same high standard of yours in E16 London. Please advise me.
Eh?