Asbestos - External render, lath and plaster

Jamiejosh96

Hi, would appreciate some help. Had a look around and it appears that some cement and plaster may contain asbestos.

as with most plasterers I have spent lots of time hacking off external sand and cement render and old lath and plaster… has this contained asbestos in the uk?

The education on this needs to be better, cant find much about it on the government websites either… from what I gather uk plasterboard hasn’t ever contained asbestos…. but not sure I’m the other stuff.

thanks in advance

Hi, would appreciate some help. Had a look around and it appears that some cement and plaster may contain asbestos.

as with most plasterers I have spent lots of time hacking off external sand and cement render and old lath and plaster… has this contained asbestos in the uk?

The education on this needs to be better, cant find much about it on the government websites either… from what I gather uk plasterboard hasn’t ever contained asbestos…. but not sure I’m the other stuff.

thanks in advance

Wouldn’t worry about it..we don’t get out of here alive mate…enjoy your nine months.