artex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jace

alright guys just a quickie got an artex ceilin to reartex onto the exsisting stipple. how far can i expect a 25kg bag to go??
been a while scince ive had to do artex not really sure where me tools to do it are now haha

A 25kg bag will do about 50m2 light pattern or about 30m2 thicker pattern.
Scrape it nearly flat 1 or 2 coats of artex sealer then lay it on & pattern it :RpS_thumbup:

The company I've just started with insist on scraping it flat, pva, skim, flatten, pva twice then artex

The company I've just started with insist on scraping it flat, pva, skim, flatten, pva twice then artex

Yes that's rite but you can get away with it on a stipple I've done loads & you can't tell.
Doing it over a swirl or broken leather definetly will need skimming to flatten it.

Steve why do they insist on pva?
I've seen some nightmare jobs from artex on pva, crazed like fcuk.
I've had a few go tits up aswell I only use artex sealer when I do em now, dries quicker than pva aswell.

Don't ask me mate. That's what they ask for so that's what we do. They also tell you to rip down a ceiling if it needs itm yeah right

*cough* overboard *cough*

cheers guys i was goin to get the artex sealer and scrape it as flat as poss but i just couldnt for the life of me remember how far the stuff goes.

that is exactly what i was goin to do mate. just waiting to find out when i can do the job

i did a ceiling last week, artex over artex. comb pattern. Used a bag of artex smooth over to skim it. It dries within an hour or so. I re-textured straight after with another comb pattern. The customer was well impressed!! So was i with £180 for a morning's work lol

I think people who artex nowdays should get shot LOL. What's that artex stuff you can use to cover over artex it's by them about £22 a bag.

i actually think people who artex are ok.......think about it, gives us plenty of work in the future when people realise how macca the artex looks

I think people who artex nowdays should get shot LOL. What's that artex stuff you can use to cover over artex it's by them about £22 a bag.

Henry, it's callede Artex smooth over or it!!! got a bag in the van but can't be arsed checking lol I get mine from B&Q. I ripped the last back and the girl at the checkout, who i'm friendly with, gave me it half price.......a Tenner lol Result. It's great stuff for same day re-texturing. No sealer or anything required!!!

I scrape, lay a coat over, let it form, then lay over another coat and patten as i go.If theres any left over use it to stick ya coving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.