ARTEX wonder??????

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

antoni

just thinkin other day,while sat on shxter, all the house`s around the uk who had artex done in the past, and certain brands had asbestos in the product, JEFTEX wa one, :RpS_w00t:.

just make sure to wear a mask when scrapping down lads:RpS_thumbup:
some firms quote around £2500-3000 to remove 12ft x12ft ceiling,:RpS_w00t:
that`s food 4 thought

worked in appleton, warrington way still using it in 89-90, 500k pads. builder called GORDON BENNET:RpS_biggrin:. They wa the days. The last we used it freddie mercury just died. Used to get it in plain brown bags.

They sure are Henry, I was quoted £500 just to remove six sheets off an outbuilding, so I'm gonna be doing it myself - for £400:RpS_wink:

Is anybody really sure its not dangerous? Minimal asbestos exposure? Aye right! I lost my dad to asbestosis. If i'm unsure now, i walk away.

Artex carries white asbestos the least dangerous type of asbestos of course it could kill you but you'd probably have to lie in a pile and physically eat it, there not getting rid of asbestos there covering it up and isolating it there's far too much to get rid of it all, from the 30's it was used as much as plasterboard is nowadays it had the strength of steel didn't burn and was easy to manipulate it was the perfect building material, from it getting in you're body it can take up to 40 years to kill similar to smoking so we've just touched the surface on how bad its going to get at the moment more people are dying every year from artex than road accidents

Status
Not open for further replies.