artex walls

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
Just a quickie lads

When you go over artex and on this job im gonna use WBA first as the artex is low suction do you prefer board finish or multi on artex?

THanks

personally I prefer Board no matter what, but if your on your own or its a particular big ceiling Id use multi. However your gonna have the extra time to play with coz youll be flattening and leaving your first coat to pull in longer than normal so board would still be my first choice

board finish everytime with low suction, unless of course you just wanna lash it on and go and have a bacon sandwich while it sets up a bit, then pull the lines out and top it again... be fine second time round...

Board finish everytime as said above ;)

Liverpool_plasterer WBA is the bogs dollocks mate ;D
I never thought I'd say it but I'm converted from pva now :eek: well for most jobs anyway
Used Thistle bond in the past, its ok it's just the time factor.
I have always used pva but WBAs great stuff, try some ;D

Not at work nisus or have you got one of them fancy phones, got to agree wba is great stuff but as it is betoncontact probably cheaper to buy it as that in larger container.

lucius said:
Not at work nisus or have you got one of them fancy phones, got to agree wba is great stuff but as it is betoncontact probably cheaper to buy it as that in larger container.

No I'm not at work now lucius it's 11:20pm :eek:
And yes I have got a fancy phone ;D
Well it was till I dropped it 3 times & cracked the screen each time :'(
;D

i've only used pva and multi never tried board on artex , i used to use thistle bond it but too expensive 45 quid a tub

is wba better than thistle or just cheaper.why is there a preference.im doing reskims in flats and the pva seems to sit canny long on the walls for some reason so im thinking of just coating all the walls in bond it so i can crack on first thing in the mornings.sounds like wickes might be the answer.

thanks for reply.thistle youre supposed to do it 24 hours before.so wba you can put on and skim the same day.?and also can you give me some advice.the sparky and plumbers first fixed the flats so we need to spend a day on prep.can we bond up the wall chases and wba over the top when firm or should we wait til bonding has dried.or does the wba let the wall breathe.and is it best to use a short pile roller to apply.

Just wait till the bonding is firm. Use short pile roller, keep stirring though.

WBA and Betokontakt are the same. Knauf make it for wickes.

You can skim the same day.

Bluegrit is cheaper but takes longer to cure.

You can water them all down to a degree with pva, sbr or both and water.

get t job, put dust sheets down, pva it and once youv got all ya gear in and the bucket is ready to mix in the pva will be dead rate!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.