Artex or not - worried

Members online

LeeH38

Our ceiling has dropped in the bedroom, plaster has come away from the boards. Like an idiot started chiselling away at it today without considering it could be Artex as it was a smoother finish (our other ceilings are really rough Artex). Now I’m obviously concerned about the asbestos risks, however I know it’s a bit late really. House is 1971.

Is Artex coating so thin or can it just look like normal plaster?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• D0FAF224-EAF8-4C5C-826C-71991AECC96F.jpeg
    D0FAF224-EAF8-4C5C-826C-71991AECC96F.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 451
  • 8ABC22F5-BEAA-48FC-BC78-380A124F8EE0.jpeg
    8ABC22F5-BEAA-48FC-BC78-380A124F8EE0.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 321
  • 21371FE6-70CC-4F8F-907B-16BC6868AF35.jpeg
    21371FE6-70CC-4F8F-907B-16BC6868AF35.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 356
  • DFB54C1D-A173-4453-BE94-2556DC4804FE.jpeg
    DFB54C1D-A173-4453-BE94-2556DC4804FE.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 362
Our ceiling has dropped in the bedroom, plaster has come away from the boards. Like an idiot started chiselling away at it today without considering it could be Artex as it was a smoother finish (our other ceilings are really rough Artex). Now I’m obviously concerned about the asbestos risks, however I know it’s a bit late really. House is 1971.

Thanks
Oh Lee.

Stop chiselling.

Luckily for you, you've come to the right place before it all goes horribly wrong.

Simply publish your postcode and an heroic member of TPF will help you put all your troubles in an old kit bag.

For a small fee of course

reckon that's just paint pal on top of a shyte skim job

Thanks for replying. So the pinky coloured stuff is not Artex and just normal plaster (I wasn’t sure what colour Artex was)? The white just peels off and is a bit flexible/rubbery, we have also painted it since we moved in.

Thanks
There’s f**k all asbestos in artex like 3% low risk. I wouldn’t go smashing asbestos pipes and roofs as there the ones that are high risk.

There’s f**k all asbestos in artex like 3% low risk. I wouldn’t go smashing asbestos pipes and roofs as there the ones that are high risk.
And old thin brittle floor tiles

O s**t never actually thought about them doing my gaff. :oops:
Did mine 2 years ago , t-shirt mask and water sprayer lol wanted to expose the original brick floor and gain a few inches off the screed , missus inspected , nah don't like it
New screed FFS , don't know why I bother

Did mine 2 years ago , t-shirt mask and water sprayer lol wanted to expose the original brick floor and gain a few inches off the screed , missus inspected , nah don't like it
New screed FFS , don't know why I bother
That’s women for you. Iv nearly finished the house and my wife keeps coming up with ideas and changing things about. I feel punching the c**t some times. :lol: That’s love

Thanks
Looks like corona swirl, popular back in the day. turned out to be …….