Artex err

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpankySouthport

Private Member
Customer insisting on having artex reinstated!! :RpS_thumbdn:

Not done any for years! Spend most of my time going over it!

They after a fan effect can't remember how to set it out to get them uniform?

any help men?

clue arti and co :RpS_thumbsup:

artex sealer may be handy anyone any idea what it for??

If you can't remember how to do it I doubt you've ever done it before. It is without doubt the hardest pattern to get right, most full time Artexers used to feck it up so good luck.

It's not the starting it, it's keeping it uniform that is the trouble.
Large comb around the edge and then the margin brush to finish.

It is without doubt the hardest pattern to get right, most full time Artexers used to feck it up so good luck.

All the times I have skimmed over that pattern and never actually thought how hard it would be to get uniform. just found little bit of respect for those guys lol

It's a right ******* to do. Tried it before a few times and all ways handed the comb over to my dad with my head hung in shame.

Of all the metres I have covered over I have never done any artex at all :RpS_blushing:

wouldn't know where to start

Talk them into having a broken leather pattern . Tell them it will be a lot easy'er to skim over in a few years time.:RpS_thumbup:

Talked them into have it over skimmed and coved, as they said they are looking to move next year so there was my angle :RpS_thumbup: also got the HSL as it all interconnected in the same wallpaper..

I use'st to loads of artexing all the comb patterns and more now just a few for insurance company's and the odd person that wants it, don't miss getting a artex end covered arm from rolling it on , only good side was we earned a lot more money and quicker than plastering a ceiling

Ask the one and only Des Pilling.You have his number from the photo you took.....Jesus is lord....Amen.

I did a fair bit on the insurance. Only ever stipple swirl or broken leather though. Never did combs.

sometime ago covered over some old combed effect Artex, just unibonded as i had hoped the comb grooves would act as a good key! Big mistake.. fell down in chunks! Wickes bonding agent every time, from then on.

sometime ago covered over some old combed effect Artex, just unibonded as i had hoped the comb grooves would act as a good key! Big mistake.. fell down in chunks! Wickes bonding agent every time, from then on.

Artex brought out a powdered product that they claimed could be applied straight over to flatten it out. Smooth It, i think it was called with a ready mixed version for the DIYers but expensive. I never took the chance on using it though!

Artex brought out a powdered product that they claimed could be applied straight over to flatten it out. Smooth It, i think it was called with a ready mixed version for the DIYers but expensive. I never took the chance on using it though!

We did a job a good few years ago and iit was over skim an artex ceiling. Was really weird as half of it had been covered in ****. Anyway I went out in the garden to get some water and saw a half used tub of smooth it lol. He was adamant the ceiling had been like that for years. I didn't have the heart to tell him id seen the tub lol

Spanky you are a out and out chancer ! Infact I reckon your trade is BUS DRIVER! Get a grip youve gained your trowel skills by watching hours of YOUTUBE! Just do the artex and tell em its 2013 updated bespoke pattern end of! Next stop for spanky losersville!

So no-one has any advice, just abuse.....I love it!

Practice on a small area. Keep the round of the fan in front of you, 2nd line start in the middle of the previous fan. Work to a system.

I've never done it either but know it's one of the hardest to achieve.......even harder to patch!

quickest money I earn was a small bedroom ceiling in a nice house in Sloane sq in the 70s , women didn't know what pattern she wanted , so I said I show her a few , mixed up a bucket, lovely hot water from the tap , rolled on with the rolled went to get my brushes ready, she says" I like that " £50 hours work , I did give it a lace just to finish it off , I think it was about £49 a house on the sites them days !

quickest money I earn was a small bedroom ceiling in a nice house in Sloane sq in the 70s , women didn't know what pattern she wanted , so I said I show her a few , mixed up a bucket, lovely hot water from the tap , rolled on with the rolled went to get my brushes ready, she says" I like that " £50 hours work , I did give it a lace just to finish it off , I think it was about £49 a house on the sites them days !

Stop teasing, did you bang her????

just a add on , the course down at artex in Newhaven for the !st week was £45 a go , taught you how to tack a couple boards up , tape up . caulked the joints and spend most of the time learning how to stipple and then basic patterns , good craic with the lad who was teaching us , peter ,

I can do all the comb patterns to perfection. Did a hotel in Argyll last year with the fan (circle) pattern. 40 m ceilings with the pattern all in line. Got called back to patch one of them after a water leak damaged a couple of metres in the middle of a ceiling. It patched up so well nobody could tell it was a repair :flapper:

I can do all the comb patterns to perfection. Did a hotel in Argyll last year with the fan (circle) pattern. 40 m ceilings with the pattern all in line. Got called back to patch one of them after a water leak damaged a couple of metres in the middle of a ceiling. It patched up so well nobody could tell it was a repair :flapper:

:RpS_wub:

I'll go and check later, was it the stag?lounge?

Status
Not open for further replies.