Are your websites working?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

finefinishwales

I'm getting my website built at the moment just wanted to see how much business your websites are generating guys I was always local paper advertised in the past but a lot of people say its a waste of time and money now thanks in advance.:RpS_biggrin:

Its a tough on to say. some people swear by them. My website is outdated and I dont spend enough time on it for it to be noticed. A friend of mine has a site with all the key words in the site name and is well placed with google. Comes up first or second on most searches, lots of up to date pictures, references etc but has not had a single job out of it in 3 years. Its a bit like Tompsons directory, some people get nothing out of it , others do. I think its luck of the draw. If you can get a website constructed and well placed quite cheap then its worth a punt, you only have to get one decent job out of it see a return

Our website was never designed to attract custom but more as an online portfolio to direct potential customers towards.
It does it's intended purpose really well (so we're told), plus we do get some inquiries out of the blue, although they're rarely the type of job/customer we're looking for.

I must get 3/4 calls a week through my site its not been updated for 3 years so im getting on that very soon.

Our website was never designed to attract custom but more as an online portfolio to direct potential customers towards.
It does it's intended purpose really well (so we're told), plus we do get some inquiries out of the blue, although they're rarely the type of job/customer we're looking for.

Yer I'm not expecting much at first but just steady interest would be nice just checked your out look good i spend a few months in chelmsford in the late 80's opposite the prison doing a big renovation had some great nights out essex girls are awesome lol.

I thought a website was basically showing your abilities and displays of past works and references from other people, I would not expect to have thousands traipsing through-it and finding 'the one' it is advertising but its not a satchi and satchi pr job .

Getting found is what its all about, if your not in it your not gonna win it lol The last few people who rang said they rang me coz i have my quals on my site oh and coz im near the top.

I thought a website was basically showing your abilities and displays of past works and references from other people, I would not expect to have thousands traipsing through-it and finding 'the one' it is advertising but its not a satchi and satchi pr job .

gotta disagree the way things are going if everyone has a website you have to stand out which means treating it like a PR job ;)

I deffo get lots of enquires from my site take a look just click below !, but not 3-4 a week that fantastic , i think i rank very well in the UK if you put in swimming pool tilers i should come somewhere near the top ! its great being on the forum to as this helps optimise your site if you have it in your signature , and i love checking out others sites to compare lol.....

I deffo get lots of enquires from my site take a look just click below !, but not 3-4 a week that fantastic , i think i rank very well in the UK if you put in swimming pool tilers i should come somewhere near the top ! its great being on the forum to as this helps optimise your site if you have it in your signature , and i love checking out others sites to compare lol.....
You are different than the average spread on here, if we just do the bread and butter work, a web site will never get any prominence

I have been told by peep's who know a lot more about web design than me that your success rate is all down to how good your page designer is and how often you maintain your site. Apparently it's got something to do with invisible word clouds or summat that are hidden on your site somewhere, this apparently increases your chances of being higher on google search if i remember what i was told properly.

I have little knowledge of it all but know that to be noticed in cyberspace, you have to invest big.

incorrect. the only thing you have to invest go get noticed online is time. SEO has changed a lot since 2009 when keywords and backlinks got you to the top. Google could penalise your site for using some of the old techniques, used too much it now is seen upon as blackhat seo.

My site seems to get me about 3 calls (at least) per week. A lot of the calls expect you to be able to do the work the day they ring though from my experience. Oh and expect a hell of a lot more cold calls from people "who work for google".

My workmate has a website and only really uses it to show the work we do. I think he has had 1 enquiry from it since before Xmas, and he is on the first page of a Google search. Good job it didn't cost a fortune.

I have been told by peep's who know a lot more about web design than me that your success rate is all down to how good your page designer is and how often you maintain your site. Apparently it's got something to do with invisible word clouds or summat that are hidden on your site somewhere, this apparently increases your chances of being higher on google search if i remember what i was told properly.
Was told this as well, algarythems or something like that. Google picks up on how the site is designed and things on it, I'm getting links to charites that i do stuff for on it as that seems to help too.

Status
Not open for further replies.