School Tax
Telephone Tax
Value Added Tax
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Water Tax
Workers Compensation Tax
Tax (VAT) on Tax.
And Now they want a blooming Carbon Tax!

Did I miss any?

for the self employed, 20/% is not massive with about £8500 as a tax free start, the stuff that we can use as tax deductibles etc . I remember paying 48/% in Ireland as a 19yr old(yes a while back) plus 8/% prsi

Stamp duty, tv licence,congestion charge and it will come to every city in GB,it's a free country as long as we do as we re told.:RpS_mad:

when the rich can afford top lawyers and accountants to find loop holes and end up paying less tax than the working man it makes me resentful of the tax we pay...............i dont mind being " all in it together" if we actually are all in it together,its comical when this catch phrase is continually spouted by millionaire politians as it seems quite clear that alot of people are in it for themselves.......

Things are hard enough, it just feels like another kick in the teeth when you hear of another corporation or even individual paying such little tax. Removes a little more of the dwindling faith that a lot of us have left in the state

Just read that article, its amazing how long firms like these got away with it for. I know technically laws werent broken, but surely inland revenue could have jumped in sooner. That said though, look how long the banks got away with it

The income tax @ 20% after tax free allowances are fair enough. Fuel tax is a rip off. Vat is too high 10% max more like it. Make us all vat registered as this £70k threshold is unfair if you turnover £71k? and your competitor is £69K.

Stealth taxes are another rip off! Tax on aggregates tax on waste. But then we have the ability some of us to get cash in hand? Also create expenses against tax, I do.

So for me I pay my share and anything over that I avoid one way or another. I have a back ground in accountancy so know how the system works to my advantage and how to cover my tracks and getting paid in cash isn't the easiest way there are more legal ways that can reward you for doing so if you know what you are doing.

As for the rich? well I never will be and always be a basic rate tax payer but for the rich well there isn't enough of them in my opinion. The rich cannot take it to the grave with them. One way or another they have to depart with it and that can only be good for the economy. To get rich you need people to help you get there. Those people either have to earn money for you so earning for themselves (thus creating employment) or you may be exploiting them even in a nice way like being there landlord. But the clever rich man knows how to pay less tax. He has to spend it usually in a way that results in more profits so a bigger tax bill to avoid so more spending like buying a Range Rover (good for the dealer right down the line to the manufacturer) or a plot of land to build more flats on so creating jobs in construction. Another big fat profit so more spending to his advantage to lower this years tax bill only to create an even bigger tax bill next year and so it goes on.

So without the rich us little people will well and truly be snookered. Richard branson for example, he has created 000's of jobs including one in my household. So the man is a multimillionaire, he has also created a multi million pound monthly wages bill so give the man a medal.

As for Starbucks well blame the govt for creating the loophole. Amazon is registered in Luxembourg and only operate a distribution arm here so does pay pal I think. Clever sods avoid profits made here but probably pay less tax in Luxembourg or wherever they finish paying it. The French rich are moving to London because of their rich tax in France, it's cheaper to pay UK tax?

So lets face it, if we could all lower our tax bill legally we would. But us at the bottom barely make enough to avoid.

Last edited:
when the rich can afford top lawyers and accountants to find loop holes and end up paying less tax than the working man it makes me resentful of the tax we pay...............i dont mind being " all in it together" if we actually are all in it together,its comical when this catch phrase is continually spouted by millionaire politians as it seems quite clear that alot of people are in it for themselves.......

Yea ,me :RpS_thumbsup:

for your tax(devils advocate here) free schools, free doctors, free dentists, houses for others, benefits for others, police, army fire brigade etc.. a lot of us if we landed in america and had need of hospitalising without having insurance, would beg to be back here...

I feel that we pay an extortionate amount of tax. I wouldnt mind so much if it didnt pay for illegal immigrants to have free houses etc etc!!!!

I feel that we pay an extortionate amount of tax. I wouldnt mind so much if it didnt pay for illegal immigrants to have free houses etc etc!!!!
Been an immigrant(irish) that is , I always believed england's folly was failing to put its citizens first, the old and the young should be first in the queue for housing ,schooling and hospitals, just my viewpoint...

for your tax(devils advocate here) free schools, free doctors, free dentists, houses for others, benefits for others, police, army fire brigade etc.. a lot of us if we landed in america and had need of hospitalising without having insurance, would beg to be back here...

I do agree , I'm pretty well travelled,and England ain't that bad,the grass is not always greener,the things we moan about on here/site are the same things people moan about in other countries,albeit in sunshine.

Lots of people in the UK, never have to pay for anything? ridiculous really, the working man may be a fool but Its the preferred choice for me, I had my leg broken june 2011, an arranged break due to osteoarthritis , hospital and op was free and all the follow ups, I did have money put by for the 6 mths I was off and never took a state penny, I felt I was getting enough free gratis. I have paid my taxes and still do. Sadly our hospitals are declining now I wonder if it will last....Great people in the NHS and the work for very little, two students on my ward in Guys hospital were working for free for the experience...

your right there pal,
im happy to pay 20% of my earnings so that we have access to all of he above, and access to the best health care system in the world.

If you don't like this great land ,you know what you've got to do.

Born in England worked in England and will croak it in England.

I dont like been told what I can and not do Via a bunch of un elected ***** in europe.

Yes Owls the NHS is one of the best things about this country.

When I was on the the taxi's I often had chats with our colonial friends from Asia. Some of them was immigrants and had travelled the world. One of them told me he had been sampled the commonwealth and out of all the Countries he could have settled you cannot beat this one.

He was not meaning free handouts but that was probably part of it, but how we accept different cultures (no we don't but we are polite) and how the Country looks after it's citizens. Well thats true. Guaranteed education (little chance for female pakistani's and Afghans in their own Country), a health service, a roof over your head and food on the table if you are unemployed.

We do have a lot to complain about but compared to other Countries we have it made here.

I dont like been told what I can and not do Via a bunch of un elected ***** in europe.

You are trying to say that "england is the tail been wagged by Europe' ridiculous ,England has serious clout and is insulated from the economic down turn by the amount of foreign investment in this country. Without this investment , england would be like the "pigs" portugal ,Ireland,greece and spain, dont fall for the daily mail or Ukip baloney about crooked bananas been rejected or the holy shame of not been able to sell apples in the lb weight, its all smoke and mirrors to suit the "little englander mentality"

Your right Henry, I hate the way we are surrendering everything to Brussels ,but what can we do, I don't know the answer. The problem I think in this country, or one of em is we are all up to our eyes in debt and striving to pay our bills we've got know fight left for anything else.

You are trying to say that "england is the tail been wagged by Europe' ridiculous ,England has serious clout and is insulated from the economic down turn by the amount of foreign investment in this country. Without this investment , england would be like the "pigs" portugal ,Ireland,greece and spain, dont fall for the daily mail or Ukip baloney about crooked bananas been rejected or the holy shame of not been able to sell apples in the lb weight, its all smoke and mirrors to suit the "little englander mentality"

Blimey John I think your right as well..........I just don't know anymore:RpS_lol:

How is it all free ?....nothing is free from government....... government cannot give to you, without taking from somebody else first.

Status
Not open for further replies.