Are Quick Plastering Courses Worth It?

They do still take the money but that's business, they provide what they say they will, 6 weeks of training that's what I got and 2 years in now and going well, if you charged someone for maths course and it turns out they are s**t at maths who is at fault
Well personally I think it’s the teachers fault some people take a while longer to pick it up and I can’t see the harm in giving them another couple of weeks for free, it’s good business sense in the end

Well personally I think it’s the teachers fault some people take a while longer to pick it up and I can’t see the harm in giving them another couple of weeks for free, it’s good business sense in the end
Sorry mate you seem sound but that is not good business sense, it's very bad business. My teacher was a proper nice bloke even went for a few pints with him and he did what he could with who was there in that timeframe

I am glad you are doing good though Just keep at it and learn whatever whenever you can you will soon suss who is crap and don’t listen to them. Having said that I still think those trowel people are s**t

Sorry mate you seem sound but that is not good business sense, it's very bad business. My teacher was a proper nice bloke even went for a few pints with him and he did what he could with who was there in that timeframe
It gets your name about, word of mouth is a lot in this game, we don’t advertise at all not even on the side of the chariot

I am glad you are doing good though Just keep at it and learn whatever whenever you can you will soon suss who is crap and don’t listen to them. Having said that I still think those trowel people are s**t
It's a very hard route, was a real struggle my first year, gaps in knowledge and trying to start a business , I didn't sleep all that much. But I was 30, no one wants a 30 year old labourer, I did try to find someone but was the only route open

It's a very hard route, was a real struggle my first year, gaps in knowledge and trying to start a business , I didn't sleep all that much. But I was 30, no one wants a 30 year old labourer, I did try to find someone but was the only route open
if it worked for you then that is all that matters but Christ 30 my boy is older than you and he’s been doing it ever since he was at school

I went on a 6month course and got the basics of using a trowel. I was in the same boat no one would take me on but that was over 7years ago now and I'm still going, picked up advice and experience along the way. It was hard but don't regret it

32 now and a lot more grey hairs than I had 2 years ago

I went on a 6month course and got the basics of using a trowel. I was in the same boat no one would take me on but that was over 7years ago now and I'm still going, picked up advice and experience along the way. It was hard but don't regret it
I don't regret it either but wish I'd been prepared for how hard it is on your body, not being sexist Jess but hats off to you I don't know how you manage it

I know the people at Goldtrwel, both as teachers and way before Gt, when they were Plasterers, with a excellent rep.All very good guys.

i wish you all the luck in the world kebab and not so much of the old lol no need for nastiness there is enough in the world without us adding to it we are all in the same business let’s just have banter gevo

my apoligies @Gevo only banter....
put some f**k**g clothes on !!!
your not as fit as @Vincey :love:

i wish you all the luck in the world kebab and not so much of the old lol no need for nastiness there is enough in the world without us adding to it we are all in the same business let’s just have banter gevo
Gevo, its all Banter from me, it goes with the flow in the Trade.

Ya still a Cant though. Lol

How do you know? They taught you didn’t they? Me thinks you could be slightly biased but I also suspect they may have taught a fair few on here or others like them

If you made a lot of money gevo retire bud and save your body

If you made a lot of money gevo retire bud and save your body
I got a few guys lodan do quite a bit of building work these days so don’t really kill my self anymore still enjoy doing a bit though keeps you fit only do few days a week now it can be hard on the body though I find you just work smarter as you get older nothing to prove anymore just do a good job and keep a good reputation easy to get a bad reputation harder to get a good one

I like @Lodan, and @JessThePlasterer for that matter. Our history is full of triers, people focussed on making a go of something, it's an admirable quality.
I know from reading posts that Lodan wanted to make a change in his life/circumstance, he made an investment in himself, sought training, fully realising it's scope would be limited. But with perseverance, a bit of good advice and a humble attitude he has "got on". I don't know so much about Jess, but I've seen the posts and the work looks ok to me, it's hard enough work to master the trowel, let alone in a male dominated arena like plastering. Her and Tomboy are pioneering, and it's all good I reckon.