Are Quick Plastering Courses Worth It?

Members online

Dean Rosco

I have been a labourer for a few years then went to a retail (which i regret) so now I'm thinking of learning plastering to help me start up us a independent plasterer. I have seen this company www.plasteringcoursesbirmingham.co.uk offering courses in my area and I'm thinking whether its worth it as 3 day courses seem a bit fast to pick up a trade and work independently.

What are your views on companies like this?

You will have seen and consumed far more knowledge already if you have been labouring for experienced spreads.

What do you think your going to be shown that you don't already know?

I'm confused!

I actually think you would be good at teaching pal...

Let's be honest there's nobody more enthusiastic about plastering than yourself...which would be awesome for a learner.

Me on the other hand would probably put them off for life!
Think the industrial units are about £30,000 a year to lease I recon a 3/6 month fulltime course we could churn out some proper good spreads

Think the industrial units are about £30,000 a year to lease I recon a 3/6 month fulltime course we could churn out some proper good spreads

Yeah mega fantastic supeedooper!!!

The we can thousands of new start ups flooding the market and reducing prices!!!

Just what we don't need pal!!!!

I have been a labourer for a few years then went to a retail (which i regret) so now I'm thinking of learning plastering to help me start up us a independent plasterer. I have seen this company www.plasteringcoursesbirmingham.co.uk offering courses in my area and I'm thinking whether its worth it as 3 day courses seem a bit fast to pick up a trade and work independently.

Theiving bastards!! Taking money off people that are desperate to learn a trade. What are you really going to learn in 3 days? I’ll tell ya.... f**k all!

Been in the trade 24 yrs and still learning.
Might learn to put beads on properly in 3 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tcd
No ya can't teach anything quick unless it's painters!!! Useless T***s!!! f**k you painters forum:hueco:
Joke!! We might have um lurking for work tub of filler who needs plasterers:bailando:

Errrrm.......
3x 8 = 24.
3x dinner = say, 1.5
3x tea breaks, 2@15mins =1.5......
Do the maths......max 21hrs ......
Say 6hrs total theory learning = 15 hrs practical../3 =5hr shifts to learn a marketable trade.......
If you can....good for you, I’ve a feeling some of the 5hrs per day will be cleaning up, some will be scraping, and only a bit will be actual plastering....

Like I say, if you can....go for it.

I actually think you would be good at teaching pal...

Let's be honest there's nobody more enthusiastic about plastering than yourself...which would be awesome for a learner.

Me on the other hand would probably put them off for life!
Enthusiasm and knowledge are so far apart on this one :)

You might be able to learn how to get one small wall on flat in that time, but doing two walls a day isn't going to get you very far trying to do it for a living.

I only do small jobs for much the same reason. I can do quality work but not quickly enough to pass myself off as a spread with a proper firm or really to tackle whole houses. It's a real stretch for me to do a room a day so I'm in a three bed for getting on a fortnight.

There's probably no reason that you can't do some odd jobs on the back of a short course but it's very unlikely that you'll get enough of them to make a living.

The best Plasterer in the world is no good if he can’t present himself. The best Presenter in the world is no good if he can’t Plaster.
You also need to have it in your heart if you want to learn.
And if you do then go for it.

The best Plasterer in the world is no good if he can’t present himself. The best Presenter in the world is no good if he can’t Plaster.
You also need to have it in your heart if you want to learn.
And if you do then go for it.
Brought a little tear to my eye that :oops:

6 weeks & I done 4yrs solid & fibrous apprenticeship you must be a genius should of been a brain surgeon I heard you can learn that in a week and it pays more

6 weeks & I done 4yrs solid & fibrous apprenticeship you must be a genius should of been a brain surgeon I heard you can learn that in a week and it pays more
Maybe I am a genius but drink to much for brain surgery, I hear you need steady hands