arch beading

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard6721

got a job on later in the week, couple of artex walls one with an archway. would the plastic flexible beading be the best option?

Screw fix do plastic beads that go round arches a treat. Tried to use metal thin coat stop beads before and they tend to go a bit like a fifty pence piece.

they do ones tht r a bit wiered shaped look like a night on a chess set and bend to the curve tht ya need just a suggestion :eek:

if its a door sized arch wickes do a nice little arch kit, requires a coat of hardwall to set it though...bout 16 quid

Arch beads are great, we get them from Renderplas. Make sure the artex at the external corner is scraped well down so that the bead follows the arch. The problem with arch beads is because they are plastic and very flexible you need to make sure they are fixed at regular intervals in order to follow the arch, if you don't it looks like a wavy day at sea! Good luck!

Yesterday I done a arch and forgot to get arch bead so I just got a skim bead and down the outside, I snipped it lots of times so it was able to fit the arch and it work out sound but i use the metal arch beads most of the time, just make sure there nice and tight to the arch.

Status
Not open for further replies.