Approx wages

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
he can earn as much as he wants to earn. but tell him to remember when working out his annual wage to allow for all of the fuel for going to see jobs. his evenings and weekends spent quoting and working out prices. at the minute im guessing he finishes work for the day. goes home and forgets about it. not in this job.

I'd stay on housing job @ 21 I wouldn't look back! and couple of private jobs a month could easily bump your pay up to 21500 a year

And the rest some days, £65 to fit a cooker one invoiced my marra last thursday in and out in 30 mins and only used about 300mm of ptfe and one fitting worth a fiver.

Maybe the £200 a day is mate s rates then.........................:RpS_unsure:

the best one for earning is these drain fellas, dyno rod types.
we were on a job last week sticking beads on around the back of a house, a drainage outfit come to remove a blockage for the client who we were working for at the front, 2 of them were there about 20 mins , £380 plus the dreaded :-0.

I recon we could have freed it up with a set of drain rods

I'd much rather earn £20 a m2 tiling tbh.

is this just you again windy asking for a friend who is in fact really you and the tiling is just to disguise the thread?

you get that every day then?

do nearly all domestic, rob, with odd commercial, hotel next week for example, surgery the other week. its all on a price. how many days it will take, how much i want. very rarely get it wrong. you'll be surprised what people will pay. they don't blink. if you're on domestics, rob add twenty or forty a day to what you would usually charge and see how it goes. think you'll be surprised. think a lot are in denial about this and would rather keep moaning about what they get. look at it from the customers eyes. nearly all regard plastering as a skilled job - it's like an art isn't it etc etc. - and expect to pay for it. site work and prices completely different, of course.

fair play definitely going to get some tips of you lol , im still trying to get a good client base since i left my dads firm in november F*****g hard tho with everyone undercutting on most jobs unless ive been recommended or worked for them before thats why i gave site work ago the other week ****** it off tho money was ******* shocking

your local free paper is best for instant results. this side of the water its the globe or the news. about thirty quid a week. always look busy when you go to quote but say you can fit it in , always look like you've just come from a job. i price most there and then. one. two, three day jobs. anything more detailed etc. i'll ask can i take a few measurements, photos on the phone and say i'll get back, and DO get back a few hours later by phone. email too impersonal. give them the price and say look, i've got another job to look at i should have been there ten minutes ago, if you want me to do it just give us a bell. most times as you're turning to leave they're calling you back. good luck, rob, the work is out there.

your local free paper is best for instant results. this side of the water its the globe or the news. about thirty quid a week. always look busy when you go to quote but say you can fit it in , always look like you've just come from a job. i price most there and then. one. two, three day jobs. anything more detailed etc. i'll ask can i take a few measurements, photos on the phone and say i'll get back, and DO get back a few hours later by phone. email too impersonal. give them the price and say look, i've got another job to look at i should have been there ten minutes ago, if you want me to do it just give us a bell. most times as you're turning to leave they're calling you back. good luck, rob, the work is out there.
cheers mate il give the local paper ago its the champion over here need get a bigger client base , had loads on in january this month been slow going

Would be easier to go self employed and work on site? that's my plan anyway. Just do domestic work as a bit of cash in hand on the weekend.

singingspread i meant domestic work mate for the 200 if you read the p[ost you can see that. another member said the same all in and that is what i say it includes two or three bags of plaster and some beads. anything extra than that i will add on. so really about 180 mate. do'nt understand why so many on here seem to moan about being low paid but then slag me off for trying to earn more that is mentality i suppose. i have only done a handful of jobs and some people have not got back to me only one job mate have i had to go back and refund half the money. i will rather like to earn good money than moan about others doing it some of the replies to my thread are pathetic without even any reasoning

Take no notice deputy dog they are just jealous cos your earning popstar wages and living the dream :-D

singingspread i meant domestic work mate for the 200 if you read the p[ost you can see that. another member said the same all in and that is what i say it includes two or three bags of plaster and some beads. anything extra than that i will add on. so really about 180 mate. do'nt understand why so many on here seem to moan about being low paid but then slag me off for trying to earn more that is mentality i suppose. i have only done a handful of jobs and some people have not got back to me only one job mate have i had to go back and refund half the money. i will rather like to earn good money than moan about others doing it some of the replies to my thread are pathetic without even any reasoning
you do refunds? how does that work? is it like club card points?

2-3 bags? you must be a willy one coater

Did you give them a refund because you didn't put any dust sheets down!

no i am honest i made a mistake i was plastering over a curved artex ceiling and when it dried there were trowel lines on the curve of the ceiling and the corners were messy . i did'nt feel confident to do it again and so gave then half a refund and said to get someone else to do it instead. i went in and out from the curve when i think i should done one swipe mate but we all make mistakes

A mate of mine. Plasterer of some years has just jacked it for a job as a caretaker just a tad short of 18k per annum.

He wanted more money and guaranteed income. He was domestic with a good rep and a good spread. He is much happier now I am sad to say

images
Thats about going rate and home in time for Countdown!

no i am honest i made a mistake i was plastering over a curved artex ceiling and when it dried there were trowel lines on the curve of the ceiling and the corners were messy . i did'nt feel confident to do it again and so gave then half a refund and said to get someone else to do it instead. i went in and out from the curve when i think i should done one swipe mate but we all make mistakes

**** me....you really, really, really cant be for real????

You are by far the biggest jumped up disillusioned chancer that's ever been on this site!!!!

Skimming a curved artex ceiling and leaving tidy corners is about as entry level in plastering that you can possibly have and you ****** that up!!!

Yet you talk about charging customers experienced tradesmen rates and are using there homes to essential practice on!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! :RpS_cursing:

Give Dave some support as he is keen to learn the trade ;)

I have absoloutley no problem with that and I have much much much to learn in this trade 15yrs down the line....and this forum is a fantastic resource for everyone...But the way he talks the talk and defends his misguided experience and looks to his new qualifications as some sort of recognition of his works is unbelievable.

The irony is he will not realise himself until years down the line when he comes across some of his earlier work from when staring out or sees for himself how much his own work has improved that he will realise just how bad his current work probabley is!!!

Yet he carries on as though hes puka!!!

I have absoloutley no problem with that and I have much much much to learn in this trade 15yrs down the line....and this forum is a fantastic resource for everyone...But the way he talks the talk and defends his misguided experience and looks to his new qualifications as some sort of recognition of his works is unbelievable.

The irony is he will not realise himself until years down the line when he comes across some of his earlier work from when staring out or sees for himself how much his own work has improved that he will realise just how bad his current work probabley is!!!

Yet he carries on as though hes puka!!!

I've come across some of my earlier work before............her name was Tina :RpS_thumbsup:

**** me....you really, really, really cant be for real????

You are by far the biggest jumped up disillusioned chancer that's ever been on this site!!!!

Skimming a curved artex ceiling and leaving tidy corners is about as entry level in plastering that you can possibly have and you ****** that up!!!

Yet you talk about charging customers experienced tradesmen rates and are using there homes to essential practice on!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! :RpS_cursing:

I priced a ceiling last year in an old cottage! You know the kind where the wood chip is holding hands with the lime plaster .. which is losing it's battle with gravity to hang on to the lath.
Anyhow, this chancer waltzes in & gets my price out of her & lops £30 off it!

To cut to the chase, he Thistle bonded over the woodchip & skimmed the ceiling with a "rustic" brush finish.

I have to put her up a new ceiling once she gets over the trauma!

Status
Not open for further replies.