Approx times per bag Ritmo

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Anyone know roughly how long a bag of hardwall will take to spray through a Ritmo?

Been trying to work out some sums and possible working system, be interested if anyone has a ball part figure for an average time say at 10/11 mm thickness? I've only sprayed it once ( was a disaster tbh) but I'm trying to kind of work out how long for example standard 35 m2 room would take to spray
Thanks

Anyone know roughly how long a bag of hardwall will take to spray through a Ritmo?

Been trying to work out some sums and possible working system, be interested if anyone has a ball part figure for an average time say at 10/11 mm thickness? I've only sprayed it once ( was a disaster tbh) but I'm trying to kind of work out how long for example standard 35 m2 room would take to spray
Thanks

About 9-10 bags vince. 1 bag will do about 3 m2 so prob about a 1.30 a bag.
Not much fun on your own i would get ext hopper but its do able. Very simple system.

done loads of this and this is what works for me. but it may help

1, set machine up. pipe full, hopper full and break a bag in 2 half facing down so it can empty as u go
spray first wall, rule it, fill hopper, spray 2nd wall rule it, fill hopper ,spray 3rd bag, rule it ,fill hopper. by now u should have ruff idea of how much to finish it. Get empty flexi tub ready. spray last wall and spray all gear out the ritmo . make sure the wall has everything you need on it and the rest goes in the empty tub.

Now you dont have to worry about cleaning the ritmo out for a good hour.
2nd rule all your work and clean down all your angles etc etc. You need to get used to ruling it wet. this is big differenc with machine and trad plastering. if ur on it too late it will all start picking up.
Once its all ruled off and ur clean head off to clean the ritmo and put it ready for nxt day.
Time for a brew
Hardwall should be picking up enough now to be able to float it ready for skim. Just run ur float over it all and leave a nice key. dont worry about snobs and little bits.
Leave it now for a bit till it changes colour and goes hard. Once its hard go over your angles with a plane, remove any snobs by goin over it all with a spat or something.

Ready for skimming . i just mix one big bucket and get it on. but whatever works for you.

About 9-10 bags vince. 1 bag will do about 3 m2 so prob about a 1.30 a bag.
Not much fun on your own i would get ext hopper but its do able. Very simple system.

done loads of this and this is what works for me. but it may help

1, set machine up. pipe full, hopper full and break a bag in 2 half facing down so it can empty as u go
spray first wall, rule it, fill hopper, spray 2nd wall rule it, fill hopper ,spray 3rd bag, rule it ,fill hopper. by now u should have ruff idea of how much to finish it. Get empty flexi tub ready. spray last wall and spray all gear out the ritmo . make sure the wall has everything you need on it and the rest goes in the empty tub.

Now you dont have to worry about cleaning the ritmo out for a good hour.
2nd rule all your work and clean down all your angles etc etc. You need to get used to ruling it wet. this is big differenc with machine and trad plastering. if ur on it too late it will all start picking up.
Once its all ruled off and ur clean head off to clean the ritmo and put it ready for nxt day.
Time for a brew
Hardwall should be picking up enough now to be able to float it ready for skim. Just run ur float over it all and leave a nice key. dont worry about snobs and little bits.
Leave it now for a bit till it changes colour and goes hard. Once its hard go over your angles with a plane, remove any snobs by goin over it all with a spat or something.

Ready for skimming . i just mix one big bucket and get it on. but whatever works for you.
Thanks a lot for that , I have extension hopper know tried my first job with it this week all went well to my surprise (ocr job) , on my own , thanks again for the info

Thanks a lot for that , I have extension hopper know tried my first job with it this week all went well to my surprise (ocr job) , on my own , thanks again for the info
How much did you spray on your own?

How much did you spray on your own?
Loaded 8 bags at first and then kept looking and checking if it needed topping up , I put 3 more in as I stopped spraying half way down on scaffolding but tbh I didn't need that many in the end I sprayed out one and a half into a bucket at the bottom as didn't need it, I had already put a scratch coat on the house few days before and didn't want to get myself in to deep testing the hopper out for first time, my mate was on stand by on phone in case I got in the s**t , tbh I still buzzing it worked out

IMG_0246.JPG

I mark the bigger walls off at every 1200mm like you would when sticking, I do this as every 1200 will be about a bag so I'm not worrying how much is in the hopper.