Apprentice or skilled plasterer

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigfella

Thinking of expanding the empire I was wondering what's the best route.?
Get a young lad trained up or employee a fully qualified plasterer ? What's your views

when everyone is busy you have to train your own but it does take time, some will make it others will just leave you and waste your time. we are still close to the ones that we trained in the past, my last apprentice has worked with me for 27 years now.
one lad we started to train was very gifted, but he was not interested. now in prison serving 10 years.
it is nice to have someone who can actually do something but they will want mans wages.

I have got time to train just don't know if I've got the patience but like you say they'll soon want a mans wage and go if they don't get it

I have got time to train just don't know if I've got the patience but like you say they'll soon want a mans wage and go if they don't get it

this is the new problem, wages, i was an apprentice at 15 and we did not receive mans pay until we reached 20 although we had a bonus system.
the lads of today do not leave school till they are 18 need mens wages, and can not produce anything!

Hiya, are you CITB r egistered ? if so we offer 2 year apprenticeship program in Solid plastering, age 16-18 training is funded and CITB will p y you £3525 plus you may be eligible for the AGE Grant of £1500. if you want more info email me or give me a call on 0330 088 9596 and ask for Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies.