Applying wet primers

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

Anyone know if there's anything that will spray r10 or micro, we normally roll on but struggle with some very uneven surfaces.

Very much doubt any could be run through a ritmo but what about rendaid?

Thanks, mac

Will it spray grit ok tho? And do they come with a lid? I can imagine a spraying up micro on the head incident lol

Bad news ladies, it won't work.

The hopper and spray gun from machine mart with the link posted needs a bigger compressor than what's in the ritmo l, a much bigger one.

The guy at MM said I'd need the biggest one they had to run micro or r10 through it, they are massive and priced at over £500+vat then the gun on top.

I have bought a small gun with no nozzle on the end just to try off the ritmo compressor only cost £10 and it sprays water ok so will try micro on a test patch but I'm not holding out much hope.

Still would like to know if rend-aid can go through the ritmo l

Did you try it mate?,I borrowed john jfe's last year and used my ritmo m.It sprayed fine. I have since bought a large compressor(3 hp) brand new £100 off ebay.

Did you try it mate?,I borrowed john jfe's last year and used my ritmo m.It sprayed fine. I have since bought a large compressor(3 hp) brand new £100 off ebay.

Did John JFE have that same gun that iv put a link to? @Jrend

I was told in MM that it wouldn't run off the ritmo l, I even rung les Lord and asked how big the compressor was and he said 80ltr a min, which the checkout boy said no way big enough, as did les.

I will buy a seperate compressor to run a decent gun off, but not paying £500+.

All I'm after is something that will spray these wet primers on to save time and materials, have you got the set up jrend?

Did John JFE have that same gun that iv put a link to? @Jrend

I was told in MM that it wouldn't run off the ritmo l, I even rung les Lord and asked how big the compressor was and he said 80ltr a min, which the checkout boy said no way big enough, as did les.

I will buy a seperate compressor to run a decent gun off, but not paying £500+.

All I'm after is something that will spray these wet primers on to save time and materials, have you got the set up jrend?
I have mate,I got the one in the link I poster and bought a 30m air hose and bought a 3hp compressor off eBay. Cos me about £150 all in.

Think for spraying primers I would hire a compressor first to see if it works. The full shebang is a lot of money if you are hardy going to use it.

Maybe the likes of HHs or Speedy do a kit for gritty paints.

no mate its a parkside pko 400 a1

Yeah iv found it, it was the 270 I saw first.

Can find parts and spares stockists in UK but nobody that sells the full set up.

I think lidl had it for a while on the shelf but must have been a while ago.

Looking at £200+ for similar spec from other well known merchants.

I have bought a 2hp 50ltr compressor, it's sprays micro for 30 seconds then the cylinder takes 10 mins to refill so it's useless, I'm taking it back and demanding a full refund.

Airless sprayer (no cylinder) are not designed to spray anything gritty so no good.

The only other option I can think of is investing in a lk402 compressor and spraying from a gravity fed gun with a nozzle that will allow gritty primers through.

Status
Not open for further replies.