Applying a render finish to an external steel Cash Machine housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAC

photo 2.jpg
Hi

I have a problem.. I work for a company in Leeds that supplies and installs steel fabricated security enclosures for cash machines.. We've been asked to install one such enclosure (just like the picture) at a village in North Wales but the local authority have stipulated that it have a rendered finish.. So, my first question is..

Is it possible to apply a rendered finish to a powder coated steel box?

I presume it's not possible to apply directly, but is there any kind of board that can be mechanically fixed to the steel room that can then take multiple coats of render?

I've also seen products like the pre-rendered insulated panels from the likes of Kingspan but these seem more suited to larger areas.

In the past we've applied a brick slip to this type of enclosure but i guess render is much more likely to crack etc..

Any opinions are welcome.. fyi - we're also looking for someone local to North Wales to do the works for us :)

Thanks
Lee

View attachment 1689
Hi

I have a problem.. I work for a company in Leeds that supplies and installs steel fabricated security enclosures for cash machines.. We've been asked to install one such enclosure (just like the picture) at a village in North Wales but the local authority have stipulated that it have a rendered finish.. So, my first question is..

Is it possible to apply a rendered finish to a powder coated steel box?

I presume it's not possible to apply directly, but is there any kind of board that can be mechanically fixed to the steel room that can then take multiple coats of render?

I've also seen products like the pre-rendered insulated panels from the likes of Kingspan but these seem more suited to larger areas.

In the past we've applied a brick slip to this type of enclosure but i guess render is much more likely to crack etc..

Any opinions are welcome.. fyi - we're also looking for someone local to North Wales to do the works for us :)

Thanks
Lee
were in north wales mate

done somthing like this few years back . We spot welded ss eml and rendered with high bond . A lot of work but if this is what they want

Aquapanel or Hardibacker. But how to fix them without drilling into the steel?

There is a product made by Stomix at St Helens which is not only very sticky but very flexible. It is used as a base coat then perhaps a bucket coat on top. You will need to ring them for details as it was shown to me when I was there but the name of it escapes me. They had it on a flexible piece of metal to show how it sticks and flexes. Ask for Michael Carrington. Tel 01744611681

Last edited:
Give The Wallcrete Warrior a call if you want a rustic brick effect something like this:

:rolleyes)

photo-248.jpg

Give The Wallcrete Warrior a call if you want a rustic brick effect something like this:

:rolleyes)

photo-248.jpg

can you photoshop a pigs head in the window and a puffing wolf to complete the story.............:RpS_thumbup:

Hi mate

I am the Knauf Aquapanel Exterior Specification Manager - either give me a call on 07918766577, or drop me an E mail to rlord@knauf.co.uk , and we can discuss the method of fixing Knauf Aquapanel Exterior to your shell.

There are a huge range of render systems that can then be applied - giving options of finishes for the client...

look forward to hearing from you

Richard Lord

Hi mate

I am the Knauf Aquapanel Exterior Specification Manager - either give me a call on 07918766577, or drop me an E mail to rlord@knauf.co.uk , and we can discuss the method of fixing Knauf Aquapanel Exterior to your shell.

There are a huge range of render systems that can then be applied - giving options of finishes for the client...

look forward to hearing from you

Richard Lord

And if yoou want a brick, stone, slate, granite, limestone, flint, infact any type of render finish then contact me through my link at the bottom of the page

Thanks guys... Some really helpful advice there.. I didn't realise you could be so creative :RpS_tongue:

I'll try and give you a call later Richard.. And Warrior, imight be in touch too :}

Status
Not open for further replies.