anyone using/used remtox chemicals

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
brother in law needs some work doing and were looking at remtox. All i can see on the net is that they are now dissolved as a company, but we have a quote from a company supplying a remtox spec so far. job is in stroud

Remtox was taken over by sovchem many years ago , I was remtox approved over twenty years ago which was taken over by Bostik which also absorbed sovereign chemicals , if I remember rightly

hmn. bostik have alot in the gear. I think cementone is owned by them too.

Basically Paul he needs a damp solution or the mortgage co wont push it through. the quote for render with addmix from remtox is coming in at 1900 for a small wall and breast front/side. I just wonder if the chemical is very expensive to put so much on the bill ?

the injection is separate at £200 and the hacking off is £500 so you can see how the 1900 is looking out of proportion.

I would do it mysen but I cant offer a 30 year because I aint a damp contractor.

Someone on here who covers stroud will be more than welcome to see the spec and the quote if they are interested.

I could float and set the same area for less than half so maybe i am missing the "damp" trick

The trick is you can charge what you like if the mortgage comp insist on a 30 warranty.

I think they charge double. So if they have to do it under warranty again in a few years it's already payed for.

That's what I though and have told him to get another quote without telling em its needed on the mortgage.

Status
Not open for further replies.