Anyone used this system yet

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks good

how would you level a wall if the top is out away from the building? the boards would need moving out at the bottom and wouldnt fit the track

other manufacturers do have the twistfix system but not seen anything with a 70mm cavity - I would like to know the reason for a 70mm cavity on the spec. the drill bits will get pinched, and the lads will pull there faces at 3 quid a metre for boarding i promise you.

let me know about the cavity symo

No wonder they say you don't need to be a spread to do this sort of work if that's what they pay.

looks good

how would you level a wall if the top is out away from the building? the boards would need moving out at the bottom and wouldnt fit the track
we had that problem on a gable end of a block of flats in hertford. we rendered the wall first with sand and cement, to plum it up, then boarded over the render

other manufacturers do have the twistfix system but not seen anything with a 70mm cavity - I would like to know the reason for a 70mm cavity on the spec. the drill bits will get pinched, and the lads will pull there faces at 3 quid a metre for boarding i promise you.

let me know about the cavity symo

The only reason for the cavity is to build the building line out, im trying to get the system changed to 20mm rail system with 130mm EPS (it has to have a cavity as its onto SIPs panels and they need ventilating

with cold air allowed to blow around under the jacket of insulation......does it work? It'd be like wearing a coat that didn't touch your skin, just sitting 1" off you so might work but what about the draft up your sleeves etc?? Can't see it myself when no gap and much less insulation would do a better job? This sort of thing tends to be on higher spec builds but seems counter-intuitive somehow?

Some argue that suspended systems still offer uvalue reduction. I fitted loads of vented cavity rail systems and never personally beleived it worked.
Some manufacturers dont spec it and now also say it does not work purely because the cavity is ventilated and the cold air gets into the fabric.

Last render over timber frame job i did i knocked a rail system back and went with cavity/renderboard/ direct render with no insulation. The insulation was inserted inside the sub fram before the cavity.

Some argue that suspended systems still offer uvalue reduction. I fitted loads of vented cavity rail systems and never personally beleived it worked.
Some manufacturers dont spec it and now also say it does not work purely because the cavity is ventilated and the cold air gets into the fabric.
Last render over timber frame job i did i knocked a rail system back and went with cavity/renderboard/ direct render with no insulation. The insulation was inserted inside the sub fram before the cavity.
:RpS_laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.