anyone use the hilti auto feed? how much are they?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lease mine. If I smash it to bits they send a new one and if the batteries start losing life they get replaced

A get mine from wack wholesale , a wuda sent the fookers bak if the were **** , can't remember the name of them but never jams , it did with sum a bought off eBay . . . . . Also got sum proper makita ones off there for a reasonable price , wacks abit cheaper but a bought 10k of them

What is wrong with a normal cordless drill? an auto feed screw gun has only one function, a normal cordless is much more versatile.
I personally use a Makita BHP453.

What is wrong with a normal cordless drill? an auto feed screw gun has only one function, a normal cordless is much more versatile.
Cos depending on what you are doing Marshall an auto feed gun is a lot quicker than an ordinary drill driver and you have one hand free to hold the board or scratch your ar#e if you so wish :RpS_thumbup:

surprising how much time it saves with an auto feed! seriously one of my favourite tools on the van (apart from mixing drill, hate mixing my hand! Oh and trowel, hate plastering with my hand! Oh and hawk/handboard, hate holding plaster in my hand and scooping off into my other hand to lay on the wall)

Not true. On the Hilti version you can remove the auto feed attachment so it works like a standard drill

If you are doing a fair bit of tacking a auto feed is the only way for quickness ,But have a cordless as well for the screws that don't always drive in right

I use the Hilti collated gun and have a Hilti impact driver for the odd screws. All 22v so share battereis and charger. Leased the first one then bought new just before Xmas. Just over £500 with the vat. Batteries last ages. Had a new Makita collated gun and sent it back demanding refund after a couple of months as it kept jamming, even with Makita screws.Load of crap in my opinion. My mate has Makita one and has no problems with it though.

My old makita collated screw gun is serving me wellat the moment, not as powerfull as the corded one i once had but no cables get in the way! Will need to replace before long tho.
Where can you lease power tools from, it might be a handy option?

If you are doing a fair bit of tacking a auto feed is the only way for quickness ,But have a cordless as well for the screws that don't always drive in right

Fair point. the last time I used an auto feed gun, I spent more time using a normal cordless to drive in any screws that had been missed.
I find I have more control with a normal cordless, but that's just me.

I have a makita cordless driver aswell as autofeed same batterys so its great and a sds drill that a just bought bare , 3 batterys 2 chargers does me like

Status
Not open for further replies.