Anyone tried the new plaster in B&Q 'Make Good' (seen it in other places too) I was Impressed

Members online

This thread is not about make good skim it was not out then. 2018

It was about their filler,,,, all of them are shite though.

Their Bonding equivalent is very good. (Make good Bonding) White in colour. Mixes good, spreads well and sets in 45 mins. It much less corse than BG Bonding. I used it on exmet under the treads on loft stairs and it troweled up with no need for skim. I plan to use it from now on for them.

Their Bonding equivalent is very good. (Make good Bonding) White in colour. Mixes good, spreads well and sets in 45 mins. It much less corse than BG Bonding. I used it on exmet under the treads on loft stairs and it troweled up with no need for skim. I plan to use it from now on for them.
It's probably the old Knauf MP75 rebadged.

Ive just done a bathroom with 'make good multi skim finish' and what a bag of w*nk that stuff is. I only got it because i haven't been able to get hold of British gypsum for 4 weeks now. I found it sticky, it bubbles in places no matter how many times i go over it and take forever to dry. the only good thing is its white. Im back on the hunt for multi finish.

How you finishing this plaster ? If its so good please explain as I think its s h I t and do not understand its process at all feel like an apprentice again and I have been in trade for 15 years
I used this today for the first applied first coat let it suck in a it then second coat applied let suck in again abit flatten in with steel trowel and finish troweling with flex trowel had a good finish

Can't give it away.
20200923_121518.jpg

I used 6 bags of it last week, nice to mix up, smooth, workable for 45 mins or so.
The MG bonding on the other hand was horrible stuff to use, took ages to go off. Trying the quick dry Bonding on Friday see how that goes.
Did it set consistently, how was finish. Still not seen many people saying batch 2 is good.

Did it set consistently, how was finish. Still not seen many people saying batch 2 is good.
Sorry I meant to say it was the PB adhesive I used not the finish. Did a bit of patching yesterday and mixed some BG bonding I had left in a bag in with the make good stuff. Worked fine and skimmed over it today with BG multi finish, which is nice to work with at the minute.

i’ve used a couple of bags of the mg pb adhesive on a small job this week...well impressed , mixes like filler, no lumps , sets rock hard overnight , not like gtec or bg which sems to hold loads of moisture for days.
will be using this all the time from now on.
shmells goood too.

I got the knack of batch 2 both coats super tight! Flash plastering looks like it’s painted on ooh sir suits you sir :bailando:

Had to fill in chases on bathroom walls in an office block yesterday. Thought I would experiment a bit and used MG quick drying bonding and easifill on top. Came out lovely, prefer it to BG Bonding it dries in an hour or less. the chases were deep and needed 2 coats. Had 8 Bathrooms finished over 4 floors in 8 hours. Tried bg multi finish on top of the Bonding on a couple of kitchen walls this morning and its going well. Haven't been brave enough to try it on top of Artex yet.

I still dont get why their bonding and finish is the same as bg multi and bonding when its unproven. Doomed to failure at these prices, their stacks has loads of this gear sitting on pallets.

I still dont get why their bonding and finish is the same as bg multi and bonding when its unproven. Doomed to failure at these prices, their stacks has loads of this gear sitting on pallets.
It’s a pity really as it would of been an alternative to using BG products,and now the winter months are creeping in fast the white finish would of been a bonus instead of looking at dark brown walls and working in false lights.

I use to get split bags in bnq , one day a whole pallet at 50p a bag , woman at till zaps them , then anounces she owes me £5 odd due to bull buy discount lol , she was serious