Anyone pay into any insurances or put money by to cover sick leave?

Had one years ago. Early 2000's.

I found they're just not worth it.

I think it was costing £1.50 a day. I think it was called a rapid cash insurance.

Pay outs were s**t.

i.e broken limb £800
Bad sprain £350 - £500
Limb loss £3000

Did it for 6 months, then just thought its giving money away for little tax relief.

May aswell put in a high or decent interest account, and have access to it when you need it, if you can find one.

Just have life insurance and critical illness cover for me and the missus to pay off the mortgage if anything drastic happens.

Always keep enough money saved to get by for 6 months if needed. If I’m out for longer than 6 months then I’d imagine it would be something more serious which would warrant a claim.

Don’t buy into these self employed sickness insurance malarkey’s

Problem with them are alot of them pay out half of what you earn according to your books. And I've heard some self employed don't declare everything! Sounds far fetched I know. But if you declare a net profit of 20-25k, and your off sick for a month they'd pay out around £1000. By the time you pay the premium each month I can't see the point

No, not well at the moment and it’s got me thinking
i took out critical illness cover so far touch wood not needed it, but i was diagnosed with crohns disease 5 years ago,but this is not classed as a critical illness,........my brother had a heart attack at age 46, his critical illness paid out 50,000 to him,personally its peace of mind and everybody should have it,

i took out critical illness cover so far touch wood not needed it, but i was diagnosed with crohns disease 5 years ago,but this is not classed as a critical illness,........my brother had a heart attack at age 46, his critical illness paid out 50,000 to him,personally its peace of mind and everybody should have it,
I invest my money in keeping fit ,in shape and getting the right nutrition also not letting the work kill me . Better than any insurance. Imo.

I do, use totallysports, costs me about £70 a month..

I've gone through this on here before but I have it predominantly due to riding Motocross, broke my femur and fractured my wrist two years ago..was off work for 7 months.

I got an initial payout of over £4000 just for the breaks and every month off work I was payed £1200 (actually got £1700 at the time due to a cock up on their part).

Without it I'd have been f**k*d, it's just about enough to cover most of my out goings.

Couldn't fault them at all, no problems with paying out and although they cover extreme sports they do also pay out for any injury or sickness that you need time off for.

Guys does anyone use any of these insurances that cover you if you can’t work? Recommendations?
I use to have one.. I was paying 30 od pound month. Heard it hard to get money out of them. You got to pay at least 70 pound a month for a good one. I think some times you be better off opening an account stick it in ther but doing it different matter