anyone looking for improver/labourer

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnr

Anyone looking for a plasterers labourer/improver. got my level 1 and 2 diploma in plastering which i completed last year. got my own transport and tools. Im 39 from West Midlands area. Im working in a pallet yard mon-wed at the moment so will be available thurs-fri for a trial maybe leading to full time. Im a honest,hard working, reliable down to earth guy just looking for a more experienced plasterer to help me speed up and improve in all aspects of plastering which i learnt the basics at college. skimming,plasterboarding,rendering,floating and screeding. Ive done quite a lot of skimming and plasterboarding for friends and family in my spare time to gain a bit more experience. Come on lads someone give me a chance to give this trade a go. I know i got a lot of learning ahead of me and im prepared for that.

Anyone looking for a plasterers labourer/improver. got my level 1 and 2 diploma in plastering which i completed last year. got my own transport and tools. Im 39 from West Midlands area. Im working in a pallet yard mon-wed at the moment so will be available thurs-fri for a trial maybe leading to full time. Im a honest,hard working, reliable down to earth guy just looking for a more experienced plasterer to help me speed up and improve in all aspects of plastering which i learnt the basics at college. skimming,plasterboarding,rendering,floating and screeding. Ive done quite a lot of skimming and plasterboarding for friends and family in my spare time to gain a bit more experience. Come on lads someone give me a chance to give this trade a go. I know i got a lot of learning ahead of me and im prepared for that.

Welcome.
You'd be classed as dead weight by some tbh due to your age.
You need to make yourself stand out from everyone else in your position and be prepared to work for small money to start.
Best of luck to you though.

Welcome.. Always a hard situation you are in but if you can't get on with another plasterer just go for small works that you feel okay with..i know a plasterer that runs massive sites work with loads of lads but know another that makes a good living just of really small patch work and jobs etc and tbh it's not all about the big jobs imo smaller the better you just have to get through more of them to fill your days up
All the best.

Cheers lads. I know what your saying about the age thing but im a fit and healthy guy and aint scared of hard work. Plenty years left in me yet. Plus with age comes common sense,reliability and more aware of health and safety issues plus good manners. Im prepared to work for small money for a good while as im still at the stage of really enjoying trying to become a better plasterer. Id be a pleasure to teach. It aint as though im a complete begginer. Ive skimmed every ceiling in my house and done two full stairways and landings top to bottom. They have been really pleased with it but im looking for that proffesional finish. I just keep going round in circles trying to achieve it. All i need is to be shown the right way and then to keep at it with experience. I must have 10-15 pictures on my phone of jobs ive done. plasterboarding,dot and dabbing as well as skimming mostly in a forgiving envoiroment. Ive definately speeded up. Just feel im at a standstill with the final finish.

Cheers Plasterman. If you ever need a bit of free labour on the odd day or two on a thurs or fri i would be grateful just to gain some experience of ya. Just keep me mind mate.

Cheers Plasterman. If you ever need a bit of free labour on the odd day or two on a thurs or fri i would be grateful just to gain some experience of ya. Just keep me mind mate.
Where about in West midlands are you ?

Im in West Bromwich mate but bought me a diesel estate a few weeks back purposely for travelling hoping to get on with someone who will show me the ropes. Got me a part time job to pay for my travelling expenses as well as my living. So the circumstances perfect for me at the moment. Im in no rush to learn so i wouldnt slow you down.

Im well passed that stage mate. Im up and out the house at 6am most mornings on my way to work to be in for 7. Im in work tomoz as well doing extra days whilst im trying to get on with a plasterer but my gaffer knows my situation and is happy for me to do mon-wed for him. I travel 45mins each way to work as it is.

It's a shame the school leavers don't have the same attitude... The trade would benefit from that attitude shown above ;-)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I some times wonder do the people that want to get in to plastering really know all the bullshit that comes with it. I don't think they do. It's a b*****d off a job. Am just been honest.

I some times wonder do the people that want to get in to plastering really know all the bullshit that comes with it. I don't think they do. It's a b*****d off a job. Am just been honest.

Very true, don't think it helps with the quick courses and people thinking they'll be on £150+ a day and all the work a be as easy as skimming the 2 sheets of board they do!

cheers Danny. Yes Clemo most of the plastering jobs ive done on my own so far outside of college have been an absolute struggle for me but have somehow managed to pull it of to a decent standard anyway. To be fair though mate plastering aint the only bxxxxxd of a job. The job im doing now in a pallet yard is absolute murder on the body and mind. im guessing theres plenty more jobs the same as well.

cheers Danny. Yes Clemo most of the plastering jobs ive done on my own so far outside of college have been an absolute struggle for me but have somehow managed to pull it of to a decent standard anyway. To be fair though mate plastering aint the only bxxxxxd of a job. The job im doing now in a pallet yard is absolute murder on the body and mind. im guessing theres plenty more jobs the same as well.
Your sure of your money every week doing what your at now. It's a hole different ball game when it comes to plastering and rendering. Plastering is G**

yes mate ive got a red plastering trainee card. No im not registered self employed due to my current employment.

I think you can still do it and then you can declare what youve earned. We sub contract so if for example you came with us i would want our contractor to pay you so that it wasnt affecting our tax.

I think you can still do it and then you can declare what youve earned. We sub contract so if for example you came with us i would want our contractor to pay you so that it wasnt affecting our tax.
Hi Brp. As you can see im working from Mon-Wed every week. All week this week. Would it be possible for you to give me a trial one of the days later on next week free labour just to get involved and you can take a look at me as well.

Pm me you number mate. Have been working bromsgrove this week not sure where next week. The main problem is theres alot of donkey work thats part of the job that people dont think about. Loading bags and water. Scrim tape. Cleaning buckets trowels. Beading. Setting up fooking stair scaffold etc. All of which is in the m2 rate of the skimming etc. I may have some of the s**t above for you to experience first had with a bit of cupboard work but please dont mistake this as a job offer. :) hope that doesnt sound harsh just dont want you walking in expecting more than what i could offer. Cheers Ben

Pm me you number mate. Have been working bromsgrove this week not sure where next week. The main problem is theres alot of donkey work thats part of the job that people dont think about. Loading bags and water. Scrim tape. Cleaning buckets trowels. Beading. Setting up fooking stair scaffold etc. All of which is in the m2 rate of the skimming etc. I may have some of the s**t above for you to experience first had with a bit of cupboard work but please dont mistake this as a job offer. :) hope that doesnt sound harsh just dont want you walking in expecting more than what i could offer. Cheers Ben
Aright Ben. Not at all will i mistake it for a job offer. In all honesty im just curious about getting out with an experienced plasterer to see the daily routine. I might realise its not for me. As for the donkey work thats what i expected anyway and certainly wont let you down in that part. Ill just keep myself busy doing that. All im asking mate is if i can just give you a free days labour once a week on a Thursday or Friday just to keep me involved with plastering. My mon-Wed job is important for me at the moment as its my main income. See where we go from there anyway. Ill pm you my number in a bit and would be grateful if you can sort me a day either Thursday or Friday next week. Cheers Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.