Anyone know / recommend a decent 360-degree worklight?

Members online

MakeItSmooth

Anyone know a decent whole-room 360-degree worklight?

Not instead of spotlamps, but just for general purpose work area illumination.

This is for domestic work, so Defender is no good for me, as most of their gear is 110v.

Don't want a fragile flourescent tube - only LED.

Don't care if it's rechargeable or not.

Not looking to spend a fortune (DeWalt DCL074-XJ is too expensive), but will consider going to £100-150 if the performance is there. Looking for something compact, and the brighter the better.

Saw this:

www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-sxls31324es-led-plasterers-worklight-40w-240v/671fv

which seems OK but a bit easy to topple.

Stanley were doing more compact LED lamps, but now discontinued:

www.sitebox.ltd.uk/stanley-led-professional-area-light-8400-lumens-240v110v-ostnly_SXLS31324E

Been looking at this

Scangrip Area Light Mains 240V 4000 lumen
Scangrip Area Light Mains 240V 4000 lumen.jpg

Any of you have any experience / recommendations, please?

Cheers.

I bought this one in November, it’s the best light I’ve had. Was considering getting the dewalt battery light for £220 but this does a good enough job for £150 less.

Choen 110V 240V 45W Led Work Ligh... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078N81R82?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Thanks, that does look like a realistic option.

Only trouble is, I noticed they do a (currently unavailable) 60w version, and of course I want the brightest light possible...

Always want what you can't have! :crying:

I'm seriously considering the 45w one in your link, anyway (y)

Only trouble is, I noticed they do a (currently unavailable) 60w version, and of course I want the brightest light possible...

Yeah I definitely recommend it, the 60w was also unavailable when I bought this one, so I don’t know if they’re making them anymore. But as you can see in the pic it does a great job and I rarely need another light to back it up unless it’s a big room.

Attachments

• 0205EDB2-79AB-4B5E-81D9-9007A2ABEDBC.png
    0205EDB2-79AB-4B5E-81D9-9007A2ABEDBC.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 404

Also comes with a hook that you can attach to a cable on ceilings when you’re down on the walls

Yeah I definitely recommend it, the 60w was also unavailable when I bought this one, so I don’t know if they’re making them anymore. But as you can see in the pic it does a great job and I rarely need another light to back it up unless it’s a big room.

Looks good. I'm close to buying one off Amazon.

The 60w is available on eBay but the seller is price-gouging (asking 50% more than it should be):

www.ebay.co.uk/p/11014492256

The weird thing is that the individual LED strips that are arranged in a 360 degree circle on these lamps are extremely common, so I'm certain there must be other generic Chinese makers using them in a 360 degree configuration, but I'm struggling to find any (I'm only hunting in order to maybe find a higher wattage/lumens). If only Defender would have the common sense to make their lamps dual-voltage, I'm sure their sales would increase dramatically.

Looks good. I'm close to buying one off Amazon.

The 60w is available on eBay but the seller is price-gouging (asking 50% more than it should be):

www.ebay.co.uk/p/11014492256

The weird thing is that the individual LED strips that are arranged in a 360 degree circle on these lamps are extremely common, so I'm certain there must be other generic Chinese makers using them in a 360 degree configuration, but I'm struggling to find any (I'm only hunting in order to maybe find a higher wattage/lumens). If only Defender would have the common sense to make their lamps dual-voltage, I'm sure their sales would increase dramatically.

These are not bad for the dough.
It came a bit smaller than I thought it would.
Still chucks out some though.

I've out splashed out on one of these

8000 lumens and replicates daylight

I've out splashed out on one of these

8000 lumens and replicates daylight

My mate has one of these and very good but even better on a tripod but a bit pricey.

Not got time to start new post but screwfix have 110v plastering light on clearance 68% off

Will sell quick

I bought this one in November, it’s the best light I’ve had. Was considering getting the dewalt battery light for £220 but this does a good enough job for £150 less.

Choen 110V 240V 45W Led Work Ligh... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078N81R82?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Unavailable at the moment, but I did go ahead and buy one not long after our conversation, and I like it - it's a nice little light, with decent punch. I just hope it lasts...

Thanks for the recommendation (y)

Unavailable at the moment, but I did go ahead and buy one not long after our conversation, and I like it - it's a nice little light, with decent punch. I just hope it lasts...

Thanks for the recommendation (y)

Pleased to hear it mate, mine is still going strong, even had a few dinks and been kicked around a few times by clumsy labourers can’t beat it for the size and price of it

With the tripod its about £420! It does light up the whole room so you only need one light but yes thats too much to spend.
Your telling me m8. I think if your one for hitting 3 4 walls ideal. For some one like me waste of money. I only hit one wall couple of reveals before 10 might do another before lunch and one before going home but the quality is unbelievable! Ha

Your telling me m8. I think if your one for hitting 3 4 walls ideal. For some one like me waste of money. I only hit one wall couple of reveals before 10 might do another before lunch and one before going home but the quality is unbelievable! Ha
Ive bought one of those strap on headlamp lights, my eyesight not as good as it was.
On a side note im really missing my snooker, bet you are too?