Anyone in my area of France at the moment?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flak

Thought maybe someone would be working near by. I am in Burgundy near Dijon. All the walls are boarded and taped but I don't like the finish and would like them skimmed. My UK builder did a great job but he was not a plasterer. It's only a small job and I will add photos and sq meters before the end of the day.
Though my builder was only going to be here 6 weeks he stayed
for 5 months working for friends. So might be other work around the area. I have a small caravan on the site.

bedroom1.JPG bedroom 2.JPG bedroom 3.JPG bedroom 4.JPG

its only a days work for a spread, but looking at what the builder has left why dont you just paint it and see what it comes up like if he has done a good job of the taping and jointing it will be fine mate

Already done that in the other room and you can see the tape joints thru the paint and the bedroom is not as good.I have managed to touch up these. I also just hate the finished look, you have to put on to many coats of paint to get a nice finish.Also I am not good up ladders, I can turn my hand to most things but plastering is not one of them. Pointed the whole front of my little cottage, not bad going for a girl!

Hi I am looking to move out to France in a few years time so I am trying to build up some contacts.
I can do you a great deal return flights plus a very good price.
Check out my web site Homepage for pictures and references of a job I did in France last year.

e mail measurements to john@capital-refurbs.co.uk and I will get back to you with a price
REgards

Bit more than a day there Render, look at the state of that wall around the bottom of the window, you gonna just skim the board and leave all that looking like a dog egg? Coming to France to work is my speciality but the jobs a bit too small I'm afraid Flak to come over for this one (unless you want to pay a silly price!)

No wonder taping has a bad reputation when jokers leave a job like that. Another coat and a machine sand sand would sort that out I reckon.

Yep as Tony says could be sorted out without skimming and just give it a coat of board primer before you paint it.

Thanks,stolen siliton. Yes the bottom wall I want to render with lime and hemp which
I could do myself. It's just making good the plasterbaord and as I said I don't like seeing the tape through the paint.Even though I have used special undercoat and the thought of sanding all the joints would send me mad. Got to many other jobs to do and know silly money.

Just a note of caution, but be sure to use local skim products as i beleive the paper on the board is different so english plasters such as multi or board finish may have adhesion issues, my parents live in france and were told this when they had some work done, couldnt say if its 100% true but maybe worth checking up on.

Just a note of caution, but be sure to use local skim products as i beleive the paper on the board is different so english plasters such as multi or board finish may have adhesion issues, my parents live in france and were told this when they had some work done, couldnt say if its 100% true but maybe worth checking up on.

I would say its 0% true. :RpS_biggrin:

Even if that was the case which I doubt very much,
you could apply a bonding agent first :RpS_wink:

I've skimmed French boards with English plaster & French plaster.

French boards get sent over here too :RpS_wink:

I have some outside rendering to do as well.Anyone heard of Aero Gel(space loft, nanogel) used as insulation under rendering? It's very expensive but I can't seem to find anyone who has used it under outside rendering.It has great thermal value and it's not very thick.

Aerogel Thickness
Multi-Pro Thickness
Approximate installed thickness incl. rail excl finishes
R Value (m[SUP]2[/SUP]K/W)
U Value* (W/m[SUP]2[/SUP]K)
10mm
9mm
29mm
20mm
9mm
39mm
30mm
9mm
49mm
40mm
9mm
59mm
80mm
9mm
99mm

C:\Users\steve\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg
InstaClad SLIM is a thermal laminate comprising a robust 9mm thick Multi-Pro magnesium silicate board, bonded to a high performance PIR (Polyisocyanurate Insulation Board) with a laminated foil layer included as an integral AVCL.
PIR Thickness
Multi-Pro Thickness
Approximate installed thickness incl. rail excl finishes
R Value (m[SUP]2[/SUP]K/W)
U Value* (W/m[SUP]2[/SUP]K)
40mm
9mm
59mm
50mm
9mm
69mm
60mm
9mm
79mm
70mm
9mm
89mm
80mm
9mm
99mm

I have some outside rendering to do as well.Anyone heard of Aero Gel(space loft, nanogel) used as insulation under rendering? It's very expensive but I can't seem to find anyone who has used it under outside rendering.It has great thermal value and it's not very thick.

Hi
I'm looking at insulation but the u values of slim insulation don't seem any better than Kingspan and the testing procedure for slim stuff has been challenge by the green building community.

Status
Not open for further replies.