Anyone help with this

BobbyJack

Mate sent me this. Lived in house for 20years and this has appeared over last 2 days. Any ideas
IMG-20210310-WA0002.jpg

Will ask the question
Had an interesting one once , chap wanted me to put a glue pipe in as was getting smoke in upstairs and suspected poor masonry at ceiling/floor joists
I said your air vents blocked , always been he says
He'd had new carpets that sealed the downstairs floorboards and upstairs chimney was drawing smoke from downstairs pot
Opened vent , all sorted , I'll always be poor lol

Any changes in internal moisture
Eg addition of calour gas heater , blocked up air vents , heavy breathing guest lol
No changes to anything in the room.conditions as they have been for years.

Gable end wall on the other side of it and it's a 90's build house.

If its moisture getting into the mortar line somehow I would have thought it would start at top or bottom due to leak or damp and you would start to see the lines from either top or bottom. The lines have come out all at once though. Asked around other people such as surveyor and no one seems to know the answer.

D

If its moisture getting into the mortar line somehow I would have thought it would start at top or bottom due to leak or damp and you would start to see the lines from either top or bottom. The lines have come out all at once though. Asked around other people such as surveyor and no one seems to know the answer.
Does it smell of weed

Agree , would have guessed the lines would have been less consistent if from outside , unless it didn't show like that to start with
If in doubt foam boards lol ££££££

I had this in my house several years ago and it was put down to dust settling, over time, on the cooler surfaces, i.e. the mortar joints. When it starts to become apparent it's very noticeable and the solution is simply to re-paint, which should solve the problem for a good few years.