Anyone got a vw transporter?

Members online

Zippydragon

In the hope to get my van sorted quicker than brexit I’ve decided that my 3 k is probably best used as a deposit and pay for a van over 3/5 years. Mate had a good deal on a Renault traffic but with under 25k on it it’s had a major part go wrong and broken down. Yes covered under warranty but I want a van to last me. Heard vw transporters are like tanks and go and go. Anyone got one able to shed any light?

In the hope to get my van sorted quicker than brexit I’ve decided that my 3 k is probably best used as a deposit and pay for a van over 3/5 years. Mate had a good deal on a Renault traffic but with under 25k on it it’s had a major part go wrong and broken down. Yes covered under warranty but I want a van to last me. Heard vw transporters are like tanks and go and go. Anyone got one able to shed any light?
I think on your last thread your budget wasn’t big? Vw are expensive to buy. Also there is always some one that has had loads of problems with a van you want to buy. New vans are always going back into the garage where there thrown together.

Just get a van low mileage

To good for plastering

I think on your last thread your budget wasn’t big? Vw are expensive to buy. Also there is always some one that has had loads of problems with a van you want to buy. New vans are always going back into the garage where there thrown together.
Got 3k which isn’t much really, going to put it down and do finance

Got 3k which isn’t much really, going to put it down and do finance
Still be a fair whack a month mate for a vw badge. But they are a good looking van if I was on a budget I’d go for ford Renault or Vauxhall’s cheaper parts to. Don’t forget your a plaster so it going to get messy. Lol

I have old van get shifted up ok ,,a new van it would big me

Stay away from vauxhall/renault nothing but trouble in my experiance.
Its a big commitment having that much on finance.
Make sure you have a back up plan if work dries up,done that and worn the t shirt.

They are a nice van all the money men have them were I live sparky plumbers, I would get one if I was putting bog rolls in and dropping of to shops

I had one for 11 years. Loved it. Had 200,000 miles on when I sold it and didn’t use a drop of oil. Felt like a change and went to ford.

I got Renault traffic touch wood no major issues but I’m getting transit custom when this van paid off

I nrw
View attachment 33005
That a pug badge forget vw put another £100 a month on that
Think u need to get 8x4 in it for that money

Lot said for bangernomics... also what happens if a recession hits hard can you still pay your mortgage and the finaance?
I try to buy decent vans that if a recession hits if need be I could sell up and weather the storm in a banger. Mine should of gone today but valet man didn’t turn up till the aft :mad:

If you are going for a used T5 or any transporter for that matter go for the 1.9 not the 2.0 or 2.5, generally speaking the 1.9 engine will see less visits to the garage than the other two.

had a t4 for last 15 years magic just put fuel in and go paid 6 and half for it still get 3 back have car also but go on hols in van 19 year old no rust always passes mot best thing ever shes on my avatar on here

If you are going for a used T5 or any transporter for that matter go for the 1.9 not the 2.0 or 2.5, generally speaking the 1.9 engine will see less visits to the garage than the other two.
mine is 2.5 turbo diesel never any probs I sensor in fuel tank £100 1 relay £11 every thing else original timing belt change £460

Lot said for bangernomics... also what happens if a recession hits hard can you still pay your mortgage and the finaance?
Excellent point. So many borrowed up to the eyeballs. One hiccup and they’re in trouble. Repo men will be mega busy