anyone ever used a plastering darby

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
darbys are like big trowels mate hold them flat against the wall with plenty of pressure behind .........essential for k-rend

i use them a lot on my swimming pools render work i have a 6ft ,4ft, and love them, i do believe they are from up-tut -north-lad as the name says DARBY :)

yep.. picture frame and fill middle in.. back in da day.. and yeh. that **** who posted click this. can go fuk himself..

Don,t tell the Northerners ,they will steal it :RpS_scared::RpS_wink:............ok guys, only a joke honest :RpS_crying:

honestly cant believe our southern friends have just discovered the magnificent,stupendous, one of the most sought after tools ever, the....... drum rollllll , the darby, I myself have 3, 1 metal and 2 wooden darbys,

I know keith I know, handboard darby, there must be times during the long dark winter nights when you must say to yourself lets move up north

Use em every day. We do render only but for two coat plaster they are mint.

Effectively a h rule or any edge for two coat is a Darby just with a modern name or no handles.

I just purchased a serrated Darby with wood handles. Its French and the dogs for render if you don't like h groove handle on the edges these days.

had one years back when browning was used , then took off the handles and used it as a feather edge .

I had a couple of Darbys and liked using them but they were a bit flimsy. If I could get some solid rigid ones I would buy them

I had a couple of Darbys and liked using them but they were a bit flimsy. If I could get some solid rigid ones I would buy them

av got one from screwfix and its solid................ @beddy

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.