Anyone cut down a speedskim?

Members online

I got a bloke I met this year on a job called bern old school bricklayer absolute the bollox but he a real nice bloke me and him hit it off when we met he said I'm old school way we work any way he lived in Spain and was there for 12 years he made it work and had a little building company doing loads for ex pats ect he only came back this year cos him and his Mrs have split up, he loved it there and he adopted dogs while out there and told me once when one of them died he decided to bury in garden but said cos ground was so hard and after 2 days on kango decided dog shall have a shallow grave lol serious though you have made it work it don't happen over night and I'm sure you had rough times but shows character to see it through
Truly nothing more than wanting and walking out the door and getting , people talk themselves out of most things in life in belief they can't or will fail.
Anyone who's succeeded in life have failed and fallen plenty ,difference being they believed and got back at it.

Truly nothing more than wanting and walking out the door and getting , people talk themselves out of most things in life in belief they can't or will fail.
Anyone who's succeeded in life have failed and fallen plenty ,difference being they believed and got back at it.
U get people who go on a holiday and say yeah I could live here and don't see bigger picture I would love to give it a go but at this time in life it's not feasible with kids growing up ect, I get jobs now that others can't do mainly cos it might be a bit difficult or isn't straight forward it suits me cos it keeps me in work I go on the method of if I don't do it someone will and I would lose that contact I've had many a jobs go wrong on me in past but now I make sure I get myself together and do job properly,I think as I've got older I can deal with things better and don't panic as much like on other thread that kid got a great chance but can't see it

I will have 2 tomorrow :sisi:
Any offers postage be bit of mare mind:whistle:
IMG_2093.PNG

Lot of champagne Charlie's down here live off their wits .
Know a guy who moved lock stock n barrel down here on the say so of some dick (who no doubt was on a comission on the house he bought) that there was loads of work lined up.
Bank balance dropped then went home nothing was as promised.
I was promised 500 bathrooms along the coast and I was to get guys lined up,
I paid no attention !! Nothing ever came of it and the firm folded and dissapeared . I would of looked a right t**t.

Thanks for the tag Danny :)
Have posted reply regarding the new sizes 450mm and 900mm as you will have seen. Regarding cutting the Speedskims down to desired lengths yourself, we can see the logic and 'temptation' - but don't recommend it.
The handle, end caps and blade have built in features that allow for blade expansion during ranging temperatures. This and the blade gasket are an incredibly important aspect of the design (in built from Jan 2015) - keeps the blades nice and straight particularly in the summer months.
Cutting the Speedskim's down adversely affects this.
Whilst posting, just a note we are in the process of launching other blade ranges - PF, DC, TL and GL - to go with the existing ST and SF, so again another reason not to cut down. The system is about to become even more versatile - hopefully great news for Plasterers that get involved in other trades :)

I think a 900 would work very well for the domestic plasterer [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,
We have entered into a manufacturing deal with OX which is really exciting. We are in the process of switching over to OX Speedskim branding right now...
A crucial part of the deal was that OX retain the Speedskim brand which they completely understood the value of! OX are one of, if not the most cutting edge new hand tool company in the market place. They understood the potential of the Speedskim System™ and with their sales expertise and global reach will give the Speedskim product the exposure it deserves.
The development of the product and its interchangeable blade facility took 5 years to perfect. At the stage Speedskim is now OX have recognised its a perfect fit and major addition to their portfolio!
We will continue to develop manufacture the OX Speedskim (including new blades and accessories), and are looking forward to the next stages with them. I have to say a great company to work with!
Whilst posting, worth a mention that all ST blades now come with radius ends. It had been long debated whether we should introduce rounded ends on the ST, but we decided to push the button on this improvement now OX are taking the Speedskim forward!
Pretty imminently you'll be able to purchase OX Speedskim products and accessories in your local tool shops and merchants, along with their other great tools!
Enjoy your OX SPEEDSKIM!

Sounds like you sold out, speedskim as a company doesn't exist anymore...just a brand on their "ox speedskim".... Shame as it was nice to see a small company making a foothold.....the lad who does the halftime will be the next to go

Hi all,
We have entered into a manufacturing deal with OX which is really exciting. We are in the process of switching over to OX Speedskim branding right now...
A crucial part of the deal was that OX retain the Speedskim brand which they completely understood the value of! OX are one of, if not the most cutting edge new hand tool company in the market place. They understood the potential of the Speedskim System™ and with their sales expertise and global reach will give the Speedskim product the exposure it deserves.
The development of the product and its interchangeable blade facility took 5 years to perfect. At the stage Speedskim is now OX have recognised its a perfect fit and major addition to their portfolio!
We will continue to develop manufacture the OX Speedskim (including new blades and accessories), and are looking forward to the next stages with them. I have to say a great company to work with!
Whilst posting, worth a mention that all ST blades now come with radius ends. It had been long debated whether we should introduce rounded ends on the ST, but we decided to push the button on this improvement now OX are taking the Speedskim forward!
Pretty imminently you'll be able to purchase OX Speedskim products and accessories in your local tool shops and merchants, along with their other great tools!
Enjoy your OX SPEEDSKIM!
Will the st blades still have the ribbing on the plastic, if that's ever gonna change I'll stock up before they do

Hi all,
A crucial part of the deal was that OX retain the Speedskim brand which they completely understood the value of! OX are one of, if not the most cutting edge new hand tool company in the market place. They understood the potential of the Speedskim System[emoji769] and with their sales expertise and global reach will give the Speedskim product the exposure it deserves.
Enjoy your OX SPEEDSKIM!

Best of luck mate!

Going global next then?

Haven't you had enough ribbing :estudioso:
Flynny will be along shortly no worries .:)
Tbh I not sure it's technically called ribbing, serious if that changed on them blades I'd stock up enough to last me to retirement, would be stuffed with out it

My stainless steel ox pipe trowel rusted to fcuk the first time it got damp :(.
Is there going to be an extended warranty available.

Will the st blades still have the ribbing on the plastic, if that's ever gonna change I'll stock up before they do
... :) the same Speedskim product, same manufacture and design features - but with the luxury of OX distribution! Means you guys can purchase from good tool stockists/merchants rather than relying on mostly having to buy online ;-)

Best of luck mate!

Going global next then?
Cheers Bobski :) Hope so! The Speedskim System has great appeal particularly with the new blade ranges coming out :)
New sizes will be available including 450mm and 900mm. On sizes like 450, 600 particularly a selection of different blades are on the horizon.
As well as ST and SF, next up in the coming weeks will be 'PF' (Ultra-Fine Plastic Finisher), followed by 'TL' (Serrated range for tiling adhesive and base-coat render) with 'DC' (designed for smoothing and trimming vinyl wall coverings) later this year.
So for those of you that get involved in other aspects of construction and fit-outs, your OX Speedskim will be ticking lots of boxes! ;-)