Anybody using unifinsh

Members online

hstoke

Eh up now ready for it , I’ve got some artexed stairs to do n passageways I don’t really want to be pissing about waiting fir pva to dry time factor etc
i be at looking chucking a first coat on with uni n folllow with board or multi
Any of u dabbling with it still

Used a few bags the other week on a little ceiling, it’s not fell off yet mate

B2DC4921-628A-497D-BBA8-B15DD6021C8C.jpeg
A518E35B-FC77-497D-90EF-930273AC0C2A.jpeg
BFAE32F9-C4FE-4590-926C-C8DCCCF92037.jpeg

Yes, I'm still using it no problems, it has become more difficult to source as most guys won't entertain it for various reasons. Vince help. Lol

Eh up now ready for it , I’ve got some artexed stairs to do n passageways I don’t really want to be pissing about waiting fir pva to dry time factor ewtc
i be at looking chucking a first coat on with uni n folllow with board or multi
Any of u dabbling with it still
Did u not have a issue with it way back.?

This may come as a surprise, but i wanted this product to work more than anyone!

I hate pvaing, will only skim once dried, and also try to lay down with same mix if i can so was bang excited when this came out!

BUT....its a liability on your reputation every time you gamble using it!

I know what u mean I’d might have chance to pva day b4 but it’s a 35 mile around trip from one job to another it ain’t worth it

This may come as a surprise, but i wanted this product to work more than anyone!

I hate pvaing, will only skim once dried, and also try to lay down with same mix if i can so was bang excited when this came out!

BUT....its a liability on your reputation every time you gamble using it!
Can't disagree zombie, my 1 fail with it was bizarre, but as I was not convinced, I stuck using it. No problems as yet, but I do understand.

I know what u mean I’d might have chance to pva day b4 but it’s a 35 mile around trip from one job to another it ain’t worth it

Tbf mate then thats a pricing issue!

Prep doesnt come free and your time needs to be covered!

I used to use it for artex, but my b and q stopped selling it about 6 months ago

Yes, I'm still using it no problems, it has become more difficult to source as most guys won't entertain it for various reasons. Vince help. Lol
Have to order by pallet still I had a few bags in garage out of date , not done much skimming over last month or so tbf ,
Got some internal over paint coming up, cold empty house I’m gonna see what these are like in it , hopefully speed things up a bit
CC0BE405-831A-49E4-85B4-DFB730BE5A65.jpeg

They are going to stop producing the 25kg bags and have the 12.5kg in b&q.
B&q are the worst, if you ask them to source anything, flat no. I'm guessing but I think they might sell the most plaster in UK. Over 300 stores nationwide.
I hope their new plasters give bg a kick up the ass.

The highlight of tpf many years ago was anyone asking about unifinish, some of the best forum threads ever. Say what you want about our @Vincey but by god he fought tooth and nail for that plaster.

Have to order by pallet still I had a few bags in garage out of date , not done much skimming over last month or so tbf ,
Got some internal over paint coming up, cold empty house I’m gonna see what these are like in it , hopefully speed things up a bit
View attachment 29012
Don’t you like the halftime anymore??