Anybody ever used k rend Hp 12 with a machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says on the website you can spray apply it but having seen some boys using it by hand they told me it sets too quick, i was hoping somebody had used it through an electric machine.
Mc Plaster uses it

used hp12 by hand we had 2 keep mixing it every now & again as it keeps settin dont now about sprayin it but it does set quick :huh: & i think hpx is hp12 with fibers in :RpS_unsure:

i have sprayed hpx before and its been ok ,but we sprayed it quite wet , i think we had another problem when it went wrong!

you wanna elaborate on what that 'other' problem was ian ......i walked round the corner and it looked like a sperm whale had just shot it's load everywhere lol. still i bet you cant wait to see th Ritmo tomorrow with it's new camoflage lol

**** you two bum boys, i cant come up now anyway, got to rub back the render i did today so it looks like you will have to use the hawk and trowel twice a fast.

Don't put hp 12 through a pump, it stiffens up big time! I,ve never tied it because of this, it must be 2:1 or something. Hpx sprays easy, best stuff to go through ritmo but i have normal gun and apply in bands like toothpaste then spread with swiss trowel 120 water, speed 5 or 6.

uf base is the low polymer basecoat and sprays ace you can also get uf fibre base - same but with fibres in. Hp12 is a higher polymer basecoat and is for that reason stickier so not sure how that sprays HPX is the the most polymeric so higher spec than hp12.

Parex parmurex with lankolatex addmix in will spray sound and will give you a great spec next to the hp12 spec. put the lanko in the water barrel/supply butt

Did you put that lanko latex in a butt then try spraying. It went terribly wrong for me when i did that

As far as I can remember bloner. it aint my machine so i never really watched what he was doing with the latex i was just ruling but the guy i use has got a barrel with a feed on it and mixed the lanko into the mixing water thats that. it was going through a G5

Thats pretty much what i did, i couldnt even see the water float cos the water was white. In the end the water wouldn't even come out cause it was all blocked. Maybe i had too much in. Wouldnt try that again though

9 litres water to 1 litre lanko is the spec if i remember right. I will ask him about it when i see him and clarify

I remember that day lol. Machine plastering magic. Thinking about it though in my water pump it's only a small chamber with a brass paddled wheel. Can't think how lanko would clog it. Maybe the machine internals are more sensitive like the solenoid?

if mains water pressure was high would you consider spraying if the water pump was not needed or is it just bad news as far as the machine in general is concerned?

I will never put latex through a machine again. Poor old ursula the UMP has never recovered to her original VA VA VOOM

she had the potential to be world class.......shame, but the very thing that made her sexy was her undoing with the horizontal mixing.....just wasn't meant to be

Status
Not open for further replies.