any plasterers in Kings Lnn??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

girlybasschick

I'm looking for a plasterer in Kings Lynn (or surrounding area) to skim my hallway and landing.
It's an Edwardian mid terrace so it's quite a large area. It was covered in artex but we've managed to scrape most of it off. Some of the lathe/plaster might also need replacing (with plasterboard -we're not precious about it) in the hallway as it is quite crumbly. Whatever is intact we're leaving as is, it appears to be sound everywhere else.
To start and finish before xmas this year would be good.

its an old post this mate... i think the fact that only 'some' of the dodgy as f'ck wall wanted replacing might have put people off... that and the artex over said dodgy wall... which also happened to be a hall stairs landing...
:D

We only had the one response from the advert on here (the one yesterday asking if it had been done) so thought the general plastering community wasn't bothered about "the fact that only 'some' of the dodgy as f'ck wall wanted replacing .. which also happened to be a hall stairs landing... "

As it seems a bit slow in the building trade we've approached a couple of usually busy plasterers who've given us quotes.

BTW Artex has already been removed.

But at least we know where to go if we want a perfectly sound square room skimming off

:(

sorry girlybasschick, no offence intended...
what i meant was that if only 'some' of it wanted replacing then that makes it more of a nightmare job than none at all or replacing the whole lot... when someone 'not in the trade' asks me to do something like that i try and explain thats its gonna be more cost effective in the long run to do the whole lot but more often than not im met (at first) with the old 'youre just trying to rip me off' look... when in fact theres nothing further from the truth...
and to be honest... 'to start and finish before xmas etc' bein as it was only august lead me to think someone else had given a quote or looked at the job and binned it as a total nightmare...
so sorry if youre offended, it wasnt meant that way, its just most people would much rather do a 'proper' job than try and make a silk purse out of a sows ear if you know what i mean, its ten times more difficult, so therefore more expensive, and usually not worth the hassle...
maybe i just read it wrong... :-[

Status
Not open for further replies.