Any one on here in my area using thistle spray finish or knauf mp finish "NORFOLK"

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisjack231

Private Member
As the title, I was hoping there may be someone on here in my area that machine spray finish plaster.
Its been something I have just started to look into for myself and have no clue on what equipment is needed even after reading many posts on here which have confused me further if im honest.
I was hoping if the was someone in my area that they may be kind enough to let me tag along for a couple of days to firstly see how its done, and also if it would be worth investing for a site im working on at present.
I would of course bring my tools and work for the experience. tape up, assist mixing,clean up and help trowel up

done loads of it and its slower and more expensive. if it was quick or cheaper then it would be more popular. it may be a bit quicker for big overskim jobs but who wants to sand it. its not economical to have a spread sanding and you don't get many reliable labourers happy to sand 1000"s. m2
skimmers work cheap and are plentiful if you can guarantee to keep em in work with gangs covering 500m2 a week. materials are cheap. why waste more money on materials only a handful of people can use who are usually too busy,too expensive and too clever to do it for a pittance

for me any material you have to sand to get a decent finish is not going to be as good as skim type plaster.just the same as tape & jointing.

Give me a call on 07771 805996 and we can talk about getting you to see Knauf MP Finish spray applied.

done loads of it and its slower and more expensive. if it was quick or cheaper then it would be more popular. it may be a bit quicker for big overskim jobs but who wants to sand it. its not economical to have a spread sanding and you don't get many reliable labourers happy to sand 1000"s. m2
skimmers work cheap and are plentiful if you can guarantee to keep em in work with gangs covering 500m2 a week. materials are cheap. why waste more money on materials only a handful of people can use who are usually too busy,too expensive and too clever to do it for a pittance
I don't agree but I do know which group I would rather be in from your post

the dutch are light years ahead with there plasters. you fill out ,fit beads with gips plaster by hand, then finish the walls and ceilings with sigma self finishing plaster. just spray it on, it looks like stipple artex at that stage, flatten it with a spat on a stick or as they call it a blade, brush the internals.it goes white the next day ready to receive decoration.

the dutch are light years ahead with there plasters. you fill out ,fit beads with gips plaster by hand, then finish the walls and ceilings with sigma self finishing plaster. just spray it on, it looks like stipple artex at that stage, flatten it with a spat on a stick or as they call it a blade, brush the internals.it goes white the next day ready to receive decoration.

Not seen that meesh. I think UK are more forward in skimming. Its finished in one hit ready for decorating. Same as monocouche or ocr are finished in one hit. Most of these euros dont have a clue how to skim but then again they have 1000's of ilegals to do the sanding.

They should do another gyp vs naff race with finish across two days. Compare m2, quality and which gang in more knackerd. I'm completley unbiased, I just like to see GENUINE improvements in our field.

Not seen that meesh. I think UK are more forward in skimming. Its finished in one hit ready for decorating. Same as monocouche or ocr are finished in one hit. Most of these euros dont have a clue how to skim but then again they have 1000's of ilegals to do the sanding.

the walls are built with large concrete blocks 1m in length, half a metre in hight, the are dovetailed on all four edges so the lock together straight and plumb. the party wall are blocks made from gypsum, again dovetailed. all joints are tight blocks are laid with ceramic tile adhesive.
the plasterer sticks a type of thincoat angle bead to all angles, they dub out the electric chases and float the reveals in gips plaster. you rule the reveals with a gauge stick, then with a rule in the upright position, they are very hot about angles an eighth of an inch bow is a failure
the finish plaster by sigma of finland is ready mixed in a bucket that you keep covered as air will start the set. it is a complete self finishing plaster,hand apply or machine.
3 plasterers will complete a 3 bed house in a day, walls only. they would also prep the concrete ceilings. these will be sprayed in a couple of days time by one man working on his own with a machine. there is no sanding of the walls or ceilings.
having said that a plasterer from sweden tells me that they always sand there finish.
the only plaster that i have ever had to sand is that rubberised plaster they use for squash courts.
we used monocouche type of material on ewi in rotterdam, years before i saw it in england

Status
Not open for further replies.