Any one do airless ?

Members online

Easterlow080708

Right we have invested in airless sprayer. I know it can be abit of a hit and miss with some people but not going down that route.
What I want to know it iv been asked to plaster a room out but it has had gloss paint on walls. Can you spray straight onto it ? or would you go back to the old school and key it

I’m really considering going down the airless route was on a job last year I did all the external work while guys were doing inside u could tell they were on the ball very tidy work he said he was stacked! Most plasterers do I suppose but he said he never go bk to traditional

I thought it would iv heard people say you would get away with it but wasn’t convinced I’m abit new to airless and don’t know what can and can’t get away with yet not had chance to have proper play but don’t really want to f**k a job up in the process.
what would you key it with just sand it back?

I’m really considering going down the airless route was on a job last year I did all the external work while guys were doing inside u could tell they were on the ball very tidy work he said he was stacked! Most plasterers do I suppose but he said he never go bk to traditional

yes mate it’s awesome I’d never go back you just need to attack it in a different way and be open minded with it that’s all. It’s completely different ball game in away

Do you get much private work for airless or has joe public not bought into it yet?

I’m in domestic work but we are also builders and electricians/ plumbers
So we sort of sell a full package.
main reason we have invested is my dad 60 now and troweling all day kills him and we have taken a large project on in wales. Some of the bedrooms here are over55m2 so as you can imagine it’s a killer for him so I was like it’s s**t or bust let’s go for it and we will never go back

main reason we have invested is my dad 60 now and troweling all day kills him and we have taken a large project on in wales. Some of the bedrooms here are over55m2 so as you can imagine it’s a killer for him so I was like it’s s**t or bust let’s go for it and we will never go back
Definitely sounds like something I would like to move into would like to jump on with someone just to see the crack! And put the feelers out in my area to see if there’s a market for it (y)

Thing is mate you plaster now I take it. You just tell customers you have started doing this new style of plastering explain abit about it and it’s benefits and it sells itself. Faster cleaner better dry time dries white.
On your side there is no waste anything that not used put back in hopper lasts ages out of the bag in the hopper no mixing no mess no pulling buckets round easier on your joint
It’s a win win

Thing is mate you plaster now I take it. You just tell customers you have started doing this new style of plastering explain abit about it and it’s benefits and it sells itself. Faster cleaner better dry time dries white.
On your side there is no waste anything that not used put back in hopper lasts ages out of the bag in the hopper no mixing no mess no pulling buckets round easier on your joint
It’s a win win
Did you do some kind of coarse or just jump straight in ? So what’s the process on board you fill out your joint by hand then spray I’m guessing two light coats or maybe 3

I went on a course with pint tech academy they are great company mate ask for a guy called Ian and say Ryan from G&R sent you. Obviously we know how to plaster it’s just the machine side we need to know they are all decorators so they do it slightly different but They know there stuff on the machines

Do you get much private work for airless or has joe public not bought into it yet?
The only airless jobs I do are private one offs. I work with a project manager who builds nice houses for joe public. He will only have airless as most of the stuff he builds have massive windows with loads of light flooding in, which means the finish has to be spot on.
I’ve not done any site work with airless, and to be honest, I don’t want to.

Wher in Wales m8?

The only airless jobs I do are private one offs. I work with a project manager who builds nice houses for joe public. He will only have airless as most of the stuff he builds have massive windows with loads of light flooding in, which means the finish has to be spot on.

don’t blame you mate new builds are bad news. I got asked to work on some for a friend Iturned up looked at it turned round got in the van and left never seen such bad work in my life

I’m from Nuneaton in midlands but we come up every so often to do work on this project the customer in no rush and he wants to do it in stages so it’s good little earner for us. Iv done 2 hotels in Barmouth aswell

So when you first went down the airless road has it been full on? I guess it’s about right place right time and having a project manager has helped massively! Does majority of your work come from the same person or do you get new people asking for your business regularly?

So when you first went down the airless road has it been full on? I guess it’s about right place right time and having a project manager has helped massively! Does majority of your work come from the same person or do you get new people asking for your business regularly?
Do you get plenty of work now mate ?

I’m just struggling to get my head round how I can convince regular customers to go down this route! I understand you gotta sell the idea to people but when there set to a certain type of mindset can be difficult! :frio:

don’t blame you mate new builds are bad news. I got asked to work on some for a friend Iturned up looked at it turned round got in the van and left never seen such bad work in my life
The project manager I work with is a perfectionist. Everything is usually bang on.

I’m just struggling to get my head round how I can convince regular customers to go down this route! I understand you gotta sell the idea to people but when there set to a certain type of mindset can be difficult! :frio:
You still got
f**k**g Anglo tourists in the summer, then robbing the work in the winter, a carys
Don't see the point of it still need 2 skilled men on it still need to trowel it up to get the finish. Don't think I've got nothing to worry about on the jobs I do.

You still got

Don't see the point of it still need 2 skilled men on it still need to trowel it up to get the finish. Don't think I've got nothing to worry about on the jobs I do.
Like I say I know nothing about it from what I seen it can be sprayed spatted and sanded by joeys on to the next job! It may be the future!

You still got

Agree it's never hit it off and never will,

No. I don’t look for airless work. Apart from the PM I do jobs for, I only suggest it on the larger properties I work on. I explain that it’s more expensive than traditional plastering, tell them to go and see one of my previous customers, and then it’s up to them. I don’t advertise, so all my work comes from recommendations.

No. I don’t look for airless work. Apart from the PM I do jobs for, I only suggest it on the larger properties I work on. I explain that it’s more expensive than traditional plastering, tell them to go and see one of my previous customers, and then it’s up to them. I don’t advertise, so all my work comes from recommendations.
Good for you to give it a go. If you don't take a gamble in life you' only regret it later in life

I thought it would iv heard people say you would get away with it but wasn’t convinced I’m abit new to airless and don’t know what can and can’t get away with yet not had chance to have proper play but don’t really want to f**k a job up in the process.
what would you key it with just sand it back?
I’ve just gone over to airless and I’m on my 3rd big job with the machine. One thing to watch out for is bumps in backing plaster/boarding problem I’ve had is they don’t show up till the sanding stage. Over all though it’s a quality finish