Any advice skimming under dado rail ??

Members online

No members online now.
Hi a family member has asked to me plaster her walls underneath the dado rail only as above is ok.. her dog has wrecked the existing plaster. It also looks like it needs angle bead for corners . But wouldn't that look odd and look out from top to bottom If I'm only doing the bottom half?

Attachments

• IMG-20171126-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20171126-WA0001.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 487
Hi a family member has asked to me plaster her walls underneath the dado rail only as above is ok.. her dog has wrecked the existing plaster. It also looks like it needs angle bead for corners . But wouldn't that look odd and look out from top to bottom If I'm only doing the bottom half?

Tbf mate, your post has great potential...:D

If there's already a bead on there, then you could carefully cut it out flush with the rail and skirting with a junior hacksaw etc. Re-set a new bit of bead to line up with the upper.

Failing that, get the dog to do it.

A new bead will look fine, make sure all the loose is scraped off the wall then wipe down with a damp sponge. Apply some pva diluted with a little water 2 coats and let dry, skim it.

Is that angle bull nosed? (Rounded) if so just follow it round as a thin coat bead might not hold on if it gets clouted by someone because the wings are to short to get on to the original wall. Ova should be tacky when you skim it

Is that angle bull nosed? (Rounded) if so just follow it round as a thin coat bead might not hold on if it gets clouted by someone because the wings are to short to get on to the original wall. Ova should be tacky when you skim it
Looks like dowling , I'd bead and scrim up the edges otherwise may crack