Anti Virus

Members online

tapit

Too much doom and negativity around so we need to get positive.
I have made some home brew beer for the first time as a possible new hobby during the flu season.
Problem is I do not have any bottles, can I use normal "craft ale" bottles with new crown tops or any cheaper alternative ,old milk bottles?
Also thinking i may take any spare time to learn a new language maybe French or even Yorkshire.

Anyone else got any plans apart from stocking up on stuff you don't eat all year round?

I have made some home brew beer for the first time as a possible new hobby during the flu season.
Problem is I do not have any bottles, can I use normal "craft ale" bottles with new crown tops or any cheaper alternative ,old milk bottles?
Also thinking i may take any spare time to learn a new language maybe French or even Yorkshire.

Anyone else got any plans apart from stocking up on stuff you don't eat all year round?
Just sterilise old bottles , another thing to do is add more sugar and stir up brew when finished initial fermentation , then distill , remember to chuck first 15% away as it's the nasty blinding alcohol

Just sterilise old bottles , another thing to do is add more sugar and stir up brew when finished initial fermentation , then distill , remember to chuck first 15% away as it's the nasty blinding alcohol

hmmm
home brew :birra:

Can I use old screw top wine bottles, I read they are not strong enough. what do you mean by distill?
all new to me. Also i have small tap at the bottom of my brew bucket so how throw 15% away?

hmmm
home brew :birra:
Tippy tippy tapit
SoulfulMedicalKawala-size_restricted.gif

Can I use old screw top wine bottles, I read they are not strong enough. what do you mean by distill?
all new to me. Also i have small tap at the bottom of my brew bucket so how throw 15% away?
Not sure about screw top , don't see why not , used to put half a teaspoon of sugar in each bottle to gas it
Distilling , basically you warm the brew up gently to 63° where the methanol starts to evaporate ( this is the stuff that makes you blind lol ) , the evaporated vapour is cooled in a condensing tube ( Google moonshine distiller ) then slowly raise the temperature to 65° where the good stuff evaporates should be about 20% , potchin ,
We use to get 10 - 12 wine bottles from a double fermented bin of beer , to err on caution we chucked the first three that were evaporated , maybe mix it in your petrol tank lol

Not sure about screw top , don't see why not , used to put half a teaspoon of sugar in each bottle to gas it
Distilling , basically you warm the brew up gently to 63° where the methanol starts to evaporate ( this is the stuff that makes you blind lol ) , the evaporated vapour is cooled in a condensing tube ( Google moonshine distiller ) then slowly raise the temperature to 65° where the good stuff evaporates should be about 20% , potchin ,
We use to get 10 - 12 wine bottles from a double fermented bin of beer , to err on caution we chucked the first three that were evaporated , maybe mix it in your petrol tank lol
i'm making bitter not moonshine ya mad dog!

Fuk don't start a new virus by experimenting might call it the brewvirus