another rain day

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiganlad

Private Member
So after pushing just fir render fir the last 18mnth since I got the jet a big % of my work now is render, I'm now lay on my sofa looking at the shity weather wondering if it was a good Idea as I'm about to take another rain day. And no doubt many more to come.
Do you ful time renderers just take it on the chin or have inside works planned aslo ?

I take it on the chin. But it does effect you financially over the year.

But I cannot no longer plaster because of a wrist problem and wouldn't plaster anyway on principle.

When you say jet I guess you mean machine?
I'm also guessing you've earned a kid more than when you didn't have it due to the meterage you put on with it?
So take it as a treat and do something.
Or do a load of paperwork or anything to catch up work related.
I take the rough with the smooth but also have inside work to fall back on so its not all doom for me.

I wonder the same @wiganlad . This time of year it can rain weeks on end. I've thought of doing the same and pushing just render but the weather is just too unreliable. Especially in the north west!

Grim stuff! Got some internals to jump on but mostly externals, I can see me still on them in December at this rate! I don't really want to touch them after November..

I try & avoid all render work now, really can't be arsed with it, as much as I like doing it & working outside I can't be arsed sitting in the van watching the rain, especially knowing the next job is booked in & waiting & there's nothing you can do about it, every job I do outside it either rains or its 30 degrees lol.
One job I remember it rained for about 3 weeks, in July ffs! :muyenojado:
Anyone phones for rendering now I tell them I'm booked up for months :D
:coffe:

Just take a stroll round your mansion seeing as you renderers are all on footballers wages :)

It's grim up here today though... I am at the NEC again of anybody is dropping past :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I take it on the chin. But it does effect you financially over the year.

But I cannot no longer plaster because of a wrist problem and wouldn't plaster anyway on principle.
Its nit really the affect financially john as we have had a gud year especially until end of August so we made plenty hay while the sun was shining and will balance its self out. Its the affect on my sanity I'm concerned about ha. Maybe I should join my grandad at college on his computer course so I can learn how to send emails and invoices etc. And maybe how to switch one on ha

Shites the word, were sat In vans now, six of us I can see the money drawing out of the job as I write, a non working day costs me just short of a grand a day in costs.
Make the money while weathers good, I can't see how one man bands or 2 renders make a living,I gues you have to do insides aswell.there's a few of us to make me the money to carry over when the weathers poor, plus I never just have one project on the go, 3 at the moment so if we get rain we can knock off or set out in rain not just topping off, it has to be heavy rain to do nothing at all.

Inside aint no barrel of laughs been told too crack on skimming house with no windows or doors in.....on the fuucking sea front.
Wind and rain belting through.

At least I have some jaffa cakes.

when is it fun to be on the tools... sopping wet in winter... frozen water or just damn damn cold or sweating your nuts off in summer....

A
So after pushing just fir render fir the last 18mnth since I got the jet a big % of my work now is render, I'm now lay on my sofa looking at the shity weather wondering if it was a good Idea as I'm about to take another rain day. And no doubt many more to come.
Do you ful time renderers just take it on the chin or have inside works planned aslo ?
Always take both on for sure.
The good thing about internals is you can leave them to it
No machine,no stress.
I've had 2 days inside this week and enjoyed it tbh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.