another gloomy post - is everyone a plasterer?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate if ur over 20 went on a one week plastering course,then set up on ur own then rang a college up told them ur a plaster but not got nvq theyd come and asses you for say £800 and your NVQ 2 would be in the post within 6 weeks regardess off if your any good.
And that my son is the harsh truth of building eductaion and nvqs in the UK today.
NVQ's and cscs arent worth the paper there written on and its only a matter of time before nvq's as we know them right now will be scrapped for good.

Hello Mate
I take all your points and your right if I was earning £400 every other day I wouldnt bother about shelling out that much in overheads but thats not the point I was making, the advertising is low but that was getting me lots of work and then word of mouth etc but now I think its just down to there being no work around and the work that is there is being done for peanuts by people who think they can maintain a business on £80 a day, the problem is the more people charge these prices the more the customer will think thats the going rate

If your not winding me up.... which i know you are as your 45 years old... The irish and english have a long history and repuatation of working
together from day one?

..but again if you read my post properly, you will see i said "it was disapointing to see that not one of the customers was english"

specsavers mate

No mate what you said was "it was disapointing to see that none of the customers was English (or Irish)". Now I have no problem with any foreigner working in this country when there's more work than the indigenous workforce can deal with, but when things are tight as they are now I believe the British government should force any foreigners working within a trade or occupation where they are not needed to go home, and this would include the Irish. I do not have a problem with the Irish people and had a really hard working guy join me some years ago who turned out to be the best worker I've ever employed and we have remained friends after he returned to Ireland.

LOL If they sent everyone home there would be no customers hahahaha Imposible to do andy hitler tried something similar but failed. :)

Hello Mate
I take all your points and your right if I was earning £400 every other day I wouldnt bother about shelling out that much in overheads but thats not the point I was making, the advertising is low but that was getting me lots of work and then word of mouth etc but now I think its just down to there being no work around and the work that is there is being done for peanuts by people who think they can maintain a business on £80 a day, the problem is the more people charge these prices the more the customer will think thats the going rate

I understand what your saying pal.I dont know what area of the country ur from?????
Maybe you will have to work further afield. I have friends that live in Buckinhamshire and work in south london every day cus thats where the work (money) is at.
If good work wont come to you then you go to the work,even if it means you got to work away.Youc could easily advertise in say Birmingham but live in say Coventry.

Status
Not open for further replies.