Angle beads

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippypop

Hello

Hoping for some advice.

Soon going to be plastering a few areas in our house and just wanted to know which angle bead a best for doing a corner. I know there is a skim bead, but is there another I should use? What is the best way to fix to a BRICK wall, with nail, or adhesive, or both?? The actual was isnt too bad, but the corner is quite wonky. Also, an archway needs doing, I assume angle beads can be used for this too?

thanks v much

It depends on many things, if the wall is badly out of plumb fix an angle bead for brickwork, which material depends on lots of factors too, damp been one, if there is damp use dri coat or limelite or sand cement onto the brick,first, if there is no damp, you can use hardwall ,bonding, adhesive onto the brickwork..
you can buy an arch bead or fashion a bead to do the same job

best bet would be to employ a plasterer.
if you are going to have a feature like an archway, nothing looks worse that having a pissed feature.

Do people still have arches in their homes :RpS_scared: does it go with the woodchip :RpS_unsure:

I done a couple of flats in the last 12 months where an open plan kitchen was done with an arch into the kitchen area, not to my taste but paid from neck down.

I remember when everyone wanted an arch , pain to do ,glad they are old hat now ,unless you are thinking of one :RpS_blushing:

Don't mention arches I am starting a new build house next week that has about 6 segmented arch windows :RpS_unsure:

image.jpg

I rendered and plastered this house in 94,possibly the 1st job I did off my own back.
all walls were block laid on side with niches everywhere .
the middle of it went right up to the upstairs ceiling,it had about 8 arches in each wall and about 4 in each bedroom,took me blinking ages ,but loved it.
i hate arches :(

Status
Not open for further replies.