An update and an appeal

Members online

Olican

Private Member
This is a quick update on the Charity 'Jolly Josh' that we raised money for on here through our last fundraiser.

For anyone new or that missed it we ran a fundraiser on here for a small independent family run charity created out of the tragic loss of their little boy Josh.

Screenshot_20200607-165231.png

During his illness Josh ( like many other terminally ill children) developed special needs that aren't supported outside the NHS. Imagine needing ventilators, feeding tubes etc. So after Josh passed his Mum and Dad (James and Carole) decided to open a facility that offered support , advice , therapy. Anything a parent/child would need. The courage and will this brave couple who still grieving have showed is an inspiration.

With the help of big hearted spreads on here and lots of other fundraisers across the country they have been able to build a permanent facility to support families with terminally ill children.

Anyone interested can see how they've progressed on Facebook book or their website.

Everyone on here was so incredibly generous last time (I'll post some links to the last fundraiser in the comments box)

Now here's the appeal;

@BritishGypsum were kind enough to donate last time and we need your help again.

The facility is ready for boarding and Plastering
Myself and a few other members are going to plaster it for free and it would be amazing if BG could donate the bags , it's under 400m2

Screenshot_20200529-220100.png

Screenshot_20200529-220106.png

@BritishGypsum anything you can do to help will make a huge difference to the lives of children and families with limited life challenges.
I know these are testing times and I'm sure your being hounded daily but this is not for profit.

Thank you for reading

I'm coming down for the stilt race
£10 a man (y) (y):birra:
winnings goes to charity :numberone:

@BritishGypsum a few of us have agreed that if you can't donate any materials then how about a compromise;. If you could supply the bags then we will pay for them. Someone can't help everyone but everyone can help someone. There are dozens and dozens of families with terminally ill children that will massively benefit from this facility. It will directly make a permanent difference to so many people. Come on BG x

@Olican just set up a page thing where we can pay...

Its 40 bags all us regulars chuck in £10 or £15 if buying carlite and we can each sponsor a bag or so to speak.

If I get some additional deliveries and find I have spare bags I will send you 40 down myself pal from my stash but at present it's all needed.

Zombie
I always said you were a big teddy bear you beautiful man x

@Olican just set up a page thing where we can pay...

Its 40 bags all us regulars chuck in £10 or £15 if buying carlite and we can each sponsor a bag or so to speak.

If I get some additional deliveries and find I have spare bags I will send you 40 down myself pal from my stash but at present it's all needed.

Zombie
Your a lovely lovely man, thank you bud :love: