Am I losing the Plot ??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
charge more cos youll proberly have to skim over the macca the poles have left and if he says anything just tell him thats what you get for trying to be a tight arse

Just thought I'd keep you all up to date with Progress!!

It was a team of Polish lads that started the job. Customer then called me saying they keep walking off job ect. In 5 days they have boarded 2 rooms and skimmed 1.
The guy has said the quality of work was shocking and he was just looking to save a few quid.
He has asked me to call back Friday and go through price ect as regards to start day next week.

You all know what I first quoted. But I'm unsure what to do now.
The extra work would fill a gap before my next job but .....

what would you now suggest the course of action I take...????

in the past I've been too soft with customers ect .
Well at least they have started it for you:RpS_thumbsup:yeah I would go for your original price

But is it not standard practice to charge more for making good ? cos at the end a the day it takes more work to get it put right than it would if you had started from scratch

I would have bitten your hand off at that price, I've never had a problem getting double that labour only.

Lol. It must be the North / South divide that !!

At 3k last year I was getting quite a few.
This year a few turning their nose's up at my prices!!

might be house hunting further south soon. Lol

for staters pva to be done,check boardwork,gotto charge a little to put work correct on a job you priced up in first place !

for staters pva to be done,check boardwork,gotto charge a little to put work correct on a job you priced up in first place !

Going back Friday Casplas but sounds like the boarding is well out.
Apparently brickwork was plumb and he has lost 50mm at one corner!!!

:RpS_lol: Still rolling about laughing. He was recommended myself via a plumber and said he'd made a huge mistake taking the lowest price ect.
Mmmmmm Humble Pie

Still can't help thinking I've gotta vote for the raving looney party next time -
cut down on immigration hence less poor tradesmen. ( not tarring them all with the same brush mind you!!) in case any do gooders want to shot me in my tracks!!

lol sounds about rite , enjoy it getting one over , best take down there work rather than put rite, oh dear more money!! only caused problem himself :RpS_thumbsup:

p.s immigration has a lot to answer for , tradesmen battle with each other over price , them folk will half your quote without thinking,get job and think how do you do this!!

do's my napper in!:RpS_cursing:

Just thought I'd keep you all up to date with Progress!!

It was a team of Polish lads that started the job. Customer then called me saying they keep walking off job ect. In 5 days they have boarded 2 rooms and skimmed 1.
The guy has said the quality of work was shocking and he was just looking to save a few quid.
He has asked me to call back Friday and go through price ect as regards to start day next week.

You all know what I first quoted. But I'm unsure what to do now.
The extra work would fill a gap before my next job but .....

what would you now suggest the course of action I take...????

in the past I've been too soft with customers ect .

Pay Peanuts....Get monkeys......... Some people never learn....
And this is going to be his new home, probably his largest investment he is f**king up - not just some bit of patching to chance with. I don't understand what goes through their heads.
I would charge him extra now to strip out the rubbish the Poles left and keep reminding him every day what a silly billy he was.

Just price what's left, don't give the c**t the impression that you NEED the work either - even if you do - and leave the 'polish rooms' until the end just to remind him of his foolishness/greed. Don't rub his nose in it either, the sight of those two rooms will be enough for now, then when you've done the rest of the house to a good standard he will be biting your arm off to put the two rooms right, THAT's when you hurt his pocket :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.