Am i lazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the brush :) your not lazy ur health and safety aware. Minimizing working at height

i wouldnt say lazy just sensible all they jumping about on and off hopups cnt be good for they ol knees

Oy!

To be fair I dont use the brush much...if at all.
And the plazzy is only to polish off anyway. I still have to climb up and look after me angles...

How do you put water on the ceiling when trowelling sorry I mean spating (is that even a word) because that brush wouldn't be worth a wink.

I still splash it up with a bigger brush once my angles are nice and clean....or sponge it on reskims...

Last edited:
I would say ,personally you need to be fairly close to your setting work to see any inperfections that need attention whilst you are troweling up.
Having everything on a stick may not be lazy,but may compromise the quality of you work.

But if you are producing a good standard , then fair play to you.

It did compromise quality a little when I first got the spats etc. but I was determined to make em work.

I've mastered them now so I get as good a finish as using just the marshalltown.

They'd be in the bin otherwise...

We use a hoselock 16 litre back sprayer and mist the whole ceiling then spat it off. Once you get used to it all the quality is great and you would never go back to a little trowel.

Is that just on spray finish or multi too? I did find the spat on multi to require a different skillset altogether!

UOTE=CurrierPlastering;580687]We use a hoselock 16 litre back sprayer and mist the whole ceiling then spat it off. Once you get used to it all the quality is great and you would never go back to a little trowel.[/QUOTE]

his is the way work is finished in europe

Last edited:
Thought you weren't supposed to bless spray finish? Joe said coz it ain't got clay or whatever in it then water just wakes it up again?

Thought you weren't supposed to bless spray finish? Joe said coz it ain't got clay or whatever in it then water just wakes it up again?

Its only a fine spray that is used it tears other wise and we do sponge all of our work.

If your getting 200m2+ on you dont mind it waking up a little :)

To be fair we dont follow any of the timings or instructions that BG have supplied on the bag. The 1hr 50 mins finish time stated on the bag is just not possible. We just worked with the feel of the plaster and after a while have got it working very well. Hopefully we have just got another 110 flats to get our teeth in to so ill try to do some better vids. Its just getting the time when im also on the tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.