Am I being paranoid?

Members online

reeves1985

Started back tuesday doing some ceilings in a house. Finished up Friday.

Still haven't been paid and been promised bank transfer since Friday.

Long story short women lives in Leeds and it's a rental. Met Tuesday morning for keys and cracked on.
She called in Thursday to check how I was getting on and to get some keys cut for letting agent. As I had the only set

So finished up Friday and spoke to her everything OK and money in my bank that evening.
Well still no money and I've still got the keys.
Spoke today and promised it tonight and shell call in where im working tomorrow to get keys
guess what still no transfer.
So thought I'll text her to see if there a problem.
No reply

Thought f**k that no chance. So I sorted Day off tomorrow to go down and meet her and though f**k it I'm going down now to see if anyone's been.
Well went in the whole lot has been decorated bar 2 ceilings.
Spoke to neighbour who I incidently got a job off. Who said decorators been in today.
Rang again no answer
But got a text saying "I need to see it first I told you that this morning" and that she'd see me tomorrow for keys.

So I've replied saying I've now had to change work so I've got the day off tomorrow so I'll meet you at the house and can you bring cash.
Said I'd been to price a job up for neighbour who's told me decorators have been in today.
So somebody has a key and been in.
Haven't had a reply yet.

Am I being paranoid or what I'm starting to smell a rat

What would you do.
I'm thinking getting a new set of keys cut see what tomorrow brings and if not the right outcome going round and putting hammer through the lot

Wouldn't be so pissed off but it's nearly a grands worth of money so I got to choose my action carefully.

Can't really do legal as it was agreed face to face nothing on paper although she does want invoice taking.
I'm thinking of taking the invoice with amount due and getting a signature on it so I have something.

Long story short women lives in Leeds and it's a rental. Met Tuesday morning for keys and cracked on.
She called in Thursday to check how I was getting on and to get some keys cut for letting agent. As I had the only set

So finished up Friday and spoke to her everything OK and money in my bank that evening.
Spoke today and promised it tonight and shell call in where im working tomorrow to get keys
No reply

Thought f**k that no chance. So I sorted Day off tomorrow to go down and meet her and though f**k it I'm going down now to see if anyone's been.
Spoke to neighbour who I incidently got a job off. Who said decorators been in today.
Rang again no answer
But got a text saying "I need to see it first I told you that this morning" and that she'd see me tomorrow for keys.

So I've replied saying I've now had to change work so I've got the day off tomorrow so I'll meet you at the house and can you bring cash.
Said I'd been to price a job up for neighbour who's told me decorators have been in today.
Haven't had a reply yet.

What would you do.
I'm thinking getting a new set of keys cut see what tomorrow brings and if not the right outcome going round and putting hammer through the lot

Wouldn't be so pissed off but it's nearly a grands worth of money so I got to choose my action carefully.

Can't really do legal as it was agreed face to face nothing on paper although she does want invoice taking.
I'm thinking of taking the invoice with amount due and getting a signature on it so I have something.

Now that is the shortest long story ive ever not read.

Had a few of those over the years and keep thinking I'm going to lose out and when money does relieved from their tight fist it's usually some petty excuse, I don't work for them again.

The cnuts that have plenty money are the hardest to get paid off.Keep the head anyway.

No reply

Rang again no answer

Haven't had a reply yet.

What would you do.

Yo! Same here all the time mate , I always keep the keys , paranoid? No it's the general public as per usual probably think it's to much you earned and string it out as long as they can, in all honesty she probably don't think she done anything wrong because probably busy on the internet sourcing the furniture and ornaments to finish off the room,her minds not even bothered about the plastering to her it's done,painted and needs paying, stay cool, get paid and fold that irrelevant customer worry into a tiny squashed up cube, throw it in the bin and move on, guaranteed next customer will be cool making coffee all day for yah and restore your faith in people

One love

It's a weird one as I'm normally pretty good at sussing out the shifty f**k**s.
Took me by complete surprise first job back after Xmas as well.
Usually get it from companies that have to send it off to here there and everywhere before it gets paid!
If it's a regular I don't mind but as it was a new customer it caught me hopping
Just top top it off had a different type of nightmare customer today
Stood behind me all day Then got tape measure out measuring distances around new door frame to make sure, spirit level and all sorts.
Wasn't in the best of moods and she was banging on that long the adhesive set in the bucket.
I was only tacking the fecking reveals that's how long she was at it!!!!
I've been on Google you need to feather in around other walls and coving. There won't be any bumps or lumps on edges will there.
Will this crack will that crack.
You need to put this board like this and that needs to be there.
I was like wtf are you serious there's a 3 inch gap!
Ended up tipping my trowel and hawk towards her and saying if you dont trust I know what I'm doing here and I'll go home.
Shut her up for rest of day.
Came in to check everything was OK before paying then says is cheque ok.
Said no sorry love cash or bank transfer only.

Oh boy I wished I hadn't started back yet.
The fun rolls on!
At least got day off tomorrow to try sort this payment s**t out
Should be fun

I recon she has took her limit out and will sort the rest next time and ask for the keys :(
I actually think your on the right lines
She rang before Xmas needing it doing because she had Tennant lined up but agents wouldn't all low the poly tiles.
So that fell through in the end and I've done it last week.

Think she was getting the bond and using it to pay for work. Alas it fell through and no money.

That's my theory anyway

If she don't come up with the cash she's probably planning on ripping you off ! Spare key cut be handy then to go in and devil float up the skim bits that you say your not happy with that needs re skimming over ! ;)

If she don't come up with the cash she's probably planning on ripping you off ! Spare key cut be handy then to go in and devil float up the skim bits that you say your not happy with that needs re skimming over ! ;)

I'm getting another key cut.
There won't be do need to devil it up if she don't pay all the ceilings will need boarding and Skimming

Been down today
Lad that was there said their b*****d store get money off always f**k**g about with it.
Apparently be in my bank by end of today but can't see it
Got signed invoice for money owed so I have that.
Sounds like this is gonna be a roller coaster

Turned up to a Job this morning, two vans pulling off. Owner says that it was one of the firms that he had round to quote. They hadn't got back to him with a price, so he went with me, they just turned up this morning to start. The looks they gave me as they were driving off too. New year, new confusion about life. I give up with people, I really do, nothing shocks me now.

This is the shite bit about working for yourself.
It's getting better

I took a trip into the letting agents

Turns out this woman doesn't even own the house!!
She's just a contractor that's sub contracting

Basically it's all a mess and agents now trying to get me paid direct from the landlady

It's getting better

I took a trip into the letting agents

Turns out this woman doesn't even own the house!!
She's just a contractor that's sub contracting

Basically it's all a mess and agents now trying to get me paid direct from the landlady
Oh dear so why didn't she give you the money when you met her?

She will be waiting till the owner sees it finished so she can get the money from them to pay the trades. I've always said you should never be sub contracting work unless you have the funds to pay for the work without having to wait till jobs finished.

Hair brained flakey c unt , should call her into the letting agents to explain with owner present.
Rare I have to deal with fukwits but there is always more than one way to skin the fukkers.

Might be waiting for @irish_spread to come and check on it?
Haha
She's definitely a dodgy f**k*r
Did a bit of dom littlewood style digging

Turns out the Internet can be a great tool.

Name she gave me the company which she was director of was dissolved

The company they are trading as now is in a different surname possibly maiden or married name.

Full address job lot

reeves, you do sound desperate for your money. she knows you are desperate, she will offer you half the money in cash for full and final payment.

reeves, you do sound desperate for your money. she knows you are desperate, she will offer you half the money in cash for full and final payment.
Too right I want the money
I'm a one man band and its nearly a grand
It won't but that can put small companies under

Looks like going to be a bit of a drawn out process.
Whatever it takes :estudioso:
IMG_5114.JPG

Be aware its criminal damage if you go and pull the ceilings down...maybe not fair but even though she not paid for it you would still get done if she went that route