Alumasc render system

Djr

We have got a gable to do in this . never used it before done various similar systems but this is a newonderful one on me ??

It'll most likely be a thin coat system. Just treat it the same as any other. It's quite good stuff. Not used it for a long time but I doubt it's changed much.

It'll most likely be a thin coat system. Just treat it the same as any other. It's quite good stuff. Not used it for a long time but I doubt it's changed much.
They brick work is shot to fuk . they are meant to do a dubbing out coat.but getting hold of the them is a nightmare . probably just use ocr n Base n mesh it

They brick work is shot to fuk . they are meant to do a dubbing out coat.but getting hold of the them is a nightmare . probably just use ocr n Base n mesh it
Just be wary OCR won't take high suction with wanky brickwork

We have got a gable to do in this . never used it before done various similar systems but this is a newonderful one on me ??

We used to do loads of council regeneration work in alumasc when i was younger circa 2004-5 before k-rend started getting so popular. The stuff your mentioning sounds like MR Dubbing, at least thats what it used to be called. Felt alot like a heavier hardwall but built out well which is why it was spec'd for going over existing dash or bad brickwork.

Out of interest does anyone remember MR scrim adhesive :vomito: absolutely hated that gear. Impossible to mix stiff used to drip off your hawk before you'd get back to the wall!

Also, random bit of info. MR apparently standa for Mark Roberts? The bloke who first started making bagged renders? Can anyone confirm that or shoot it down to save me looking at google??

We used to do loads of council regeneration work in alumasc when i was younger circa 2004-5 before k-rend started getting so popular. The stuff your mentioning sounds like MR Dubbing, at least thats what it used to be called. Felt alot like a heavier hardwall but built out well which is why it was spec'd for going over existing dash or bad brickwork.

Out of interest does anyone remember MR scrim adhesive :vomito: absolutely hated that gear. Impossible to mix stiff used to drip off your hawk before you'd get back to the wall!

Also, random bit of info. MR apparently standa for Mark Roberts? The bloke who first started making bagged renders? Can anyone confirm that or shoot it down to save me looking at google??
M R is right but his name was Maximilian Renderbag

alumasc is a very good system. when we used this system and it needed dubbing out, we dubbed out in sand and cement then fitted the ewi boards. if you are going for their render system it is a trowel finish then a light sponge, no float as this will pull the material.
if you are dashing it does not like to go over the thickness the more base coat you layoff before you dash the better it will be.
we had training from M R alumasc and it was a closed shop, no material for untrained operatives.