Alternatives to Thistle Bond It to plaster over Moisture Resistant plasterboard.

Hi there, thanks again to all of you folks who contributed to this thread.
In the end I did buy and use Blue Grit for half of my moisture resistant wall, and used good old PVA for the other half.
For research purposes.
And in my experience the winner was... PVA!
I can't fault PVA.
Cheaper than Blue Grit, and easier to work on, even on green plasterboard (which I will not use. Ever. Again).
So, for the benefit of future posters on this topic, these are my personal conclusions from my experience:
1. Never use moisture-resistant plasterboard;
2. If it's there, and happens to need to be plastered, PVA it like everything else, and you'll be absolutely fine;
3. Don't waste money or time on Blue Grit, Thistle Bond it or anything else, PVA will do it.
Cheers
I.ve never even pvad moisture boards when I.ve been asked to skim em. Never any come back.. only time I.ll pva a board is if it's been up bout 6 month
BG ypsum will tell u if skimmed they are no longer moister resistant I still skim the f**k**s anyway

Hi there, thanks again to all of you folks who contributed to this thread.
In the end I did buy and use Blue Grit for half of my moisture resistant wall, and used good old PVA for the other half.
For research purposes.
And in my experience the winner was... PVA!
I can't fault PVA.
Cheaper than Blue Grit, and easier to work on, even on green plasterboard (which I will not use. Ever. Again).
So, for the benefit of future posters on this topic, these are my personal conclusions from my experience:
1. Never use moisture-resistant plasterboard;
2. If it's there, and happens to need to be plastered, PVA it like everything else, and you'll be absolutely fine;
3. Don't waste money or time on Blue Grit, Thistle Bond it or anything else, PVA will do it.
Cheers
so what you're saying then is go against British Gypsum guidelines when it comes to plastering over MR boards should the need ever arise?

Spoken like a true chancer.

so what you're saying then is go against British Gypsum guidelines when it comes to plastering over MR boards should the need ever arise?

Spoken like a true chancer.
Not interested really but just like to point out that BG will not endorse anything to do with PVA as it's not their product
Doesn't automatically rule out as a good option
Yours sincerely Yeehaa

M/R plasterboard, the most pointless thing in the building trade as anyone who has picked up a slightly damp one as it snaps over your back.

Thanks for all the reply, guys.
Very informative (and some quite funny too!).
My first take is that (as Jamesthefirst had forecast) different plasterers would use different primers/bonding agents (or none) for the same job. All successfully.
Some would use PVA (usually my preferred choice), some BG, some Bond It, some no bonding agent at all. And all would swear by their own strategy.
I guess these days materials are versatile enough to work well under many different conditions and on backgrounds with different suctions.
It is at same time reassuring (you can't really go wrong) and worrying (there's no golden rule to get it right! It's up to you to get a good job, with your strategy/marerial of choice).

In reply to other specific questions: in the grand scheme of things £75 is not much to get peace of mind and get it right. But here we're talking about small scheme: less than 2 boards. A 10 litre tub of Bond It would cover 45 sqm. So I'd be using just about 1 litre of Bond It, and keep the remaining 9 litres (£67 or so of it) stored away somewhere, waiting for the next opportunity to use the stuff! I don't like the inconvenience. That's why I asked about cheaper alternatives. BG seems a suitable one, I think I'll go for that (even for the sake of experimentation).
As for the MR boards, I regretted choosing them shortly after putting them up, but I didn't want to scrap what I'd already done.
Things you learn.
Thanks again, guys, for all your input!