Alternative to plaster?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary

Hello

Just wondering if anyone knows of a product that is an eco friendly alternative to plaster?

hello mary , you can use a clay product ,google clay plaster cant remember where ive seen it

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres a product called glaster too. Might be worth finding out where it's made, cos if it's made on the other sie of the world, it's hardly ecological

f me chaps look at african mud huts... look at bloody iceland or wherever the eskimos live... of course theres always alternatives... just depends where you are... what you need... how much you can afford etc... stupid question... end of

nice one render, i bet Mary who joined the forum this month and this was her first post is feeling really welcome now.

hey i was just being truthfull if a question is specific i will answer it but give some detials... what is the structure of the building etc

too late being nice now mate, i bet she has legged and destroyed her computer so she can never come on here again to be used and belittled by the likes of you :)

Theres a product called glaster too. Might be worth finding out where it's made, cos if it's made on the other sie of the world, it's hardly ecological

Glaster is made in Wales by a company called Ty mawr, it looks quite smart too.

Me and a mate went down there to do a lime course ages ago and seen some of it, its basically lime render with crushed glass in it for decorative effect.

Products : glaster® | Tŷ-Mawr lime and green building products

tbh replacing plaster for an eco friendly product wont really have any impact on a build, if it is a serious eco build, i would look at using eco products around the rest of the build and just stick to plaster for the walls for ease.

Aint normal plaster eco friendly? Its all stuff dug from the ground, its not like there is any oil or plastic in it i suppose the only thing about it not being eco would be the process for making it.

Status
Not open for further replies.