Alsecco

duke163

Has anyone used this product ? I've been asked to quote for 2 blockwork columns on a house that has been built by a german house builder . The main house is a thin coat ewi system but the client has added the columns to form a gateway at the front of the plot . What base coat would you recommend ? Cheers

Attachments

• 1507652071171.jpg
    1507652071171.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 423
  • 1507652091002.jpg
    1507652091002.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 316
Alsecco is a trowel finish render, not float finish. after the trowel you can bring a light sponge over it.
we used a MR base coat

Thanks Malc , The finish looks like a 2mm bucket coat trowelled. Did you have to use a primer over the base?

Plastic to rub up or stainless all the way ?

dont rub it up, if you try to rub up the material will drag. no plastic.
lay on with a stainless trowel , a carbon trowel may leave a dirty mark on the finish. lay on like skim, tight , trowel finish, you can give it a light sponge if you prefer, after the trowel.

Alsecco on block work was done with TZ1 haven't used it for a few years but I thought it was a good product.

Thanks guys , I think I'll have a try with a bit before doing it. Its a pretty rough textured finish possibly from sponging

Tz1 backing then there topcoat its just an acyrlic finish rubbed up with a plastic trowel i have used tons of it in the past