Alpine Finish Repair

Members online

Gerald Rees

What is the correct course of action for an external wall covered in Alpine Finish that has blown in a number of areas? How much should I be paying?

What is the correct course of action for an external wall covered in Alpine Finish that has blown in a number of areas? How much should I be paying?
We don’t discuss rates mate and if we did there is no way on earth you could possible expect a price on so little information. Too many factors to take into account, post a town an get a member or two from here to give you a quote.

Thanks just after a ball park figure no worries. More interested in the actual process. Can you render over the top of Alpine? Does it have to be taken back to the scratch coat? Does it need any treatment? That sort of thing, any info is appreciated, complete novice.

Find out what has caused it to blow first or you could be wasting your money.

Providing it is not painted you could fill in the blown areas to flush then thin coat the lot. Then either re alpine render or a more modern silicone finish. Clean the existing alpine with an algicide then after 24 hours jet wash off.

Price wise you will need to get quotes and specs in.

Find out what has caused it to blow first or you could be wasting your money.

Providing it is not painted you could fill in the blown areas to flush then thin coat the lot. Then either re alpine render or a more modern silicone finish. Clean the existing alpine with an algicide then after 24 hours jet wash off.

Price wise you will need to get quotes and specs in.
Thanks for the info. Age is probably the cause, house is over 30 years old. I would estimate at least 50% of the gable end has been removed and at the moment I plan to remove the rest but it's hard going. Unless there is another solution?

If you can remove it all then consider a thin coat and silicone over the existing rendering.

Thanks, one more question, if I do remove it all, could I not just put normal sand and cement render on the original scratch coat?

Th
Thanks, one more question, if I do remove it all, could I not just put normal sand and cement render on the original scratch coat?

The render will have had their Alpine primer on it so use something like sbr and hope it adheres. I would prefer something like Parex Microgobetis as a primer then Parmurex as a render its a lot lighter and has polymers in as sand and cement is heavy.

Th

The render will have had their Alpine primer on it so use something like sbr and hope it adheres. I would prefer something like Parex Microgobetis as a primer then Parmurex as a render its a lot lighter and has polymers in as sand and cement is heavy.
Thanks very much. Very informative and helpful. I appreciate you taking time out to answer my questions.