Ali frames

Members online

No members online now.

Andy M

When rendering to these what's your method? ,without putting a stop bead against the frame. Some of my customers don't want this and we've been using different tapes only removing when the reveals are cut back to stop scratching the ali frames.
Problem we have is removing the tape after leaving a trim job,even after cutting through with a new blade and spat?

Hi Andy, we've had these problems and started using apu/frame seal beads they seal the frame and protect it from getting scratched etc
yep we use these,
ali powder coated windows are getting more and more common as the price drops on them.

Look like that done

Attachments

• 1480582037164.jpg
    1480582037164.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 287
Ya don't dab them they have sticky pads that stick to frame either way they can be time consuming also 15mm are quite a bit more expensive turns out they don't keep them in stock that's how I ended up using 6mm

Ya don't dab them they have sticky pads that stick to frame either way they can be time consuming also 15mm are quite a bit more expensive turns out they don't keep them in stock that's how I ended up using 6mm

So you stick them with the pad to the depth you want on the window and then build out the back of the bead wing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use apu beads for thin coat but not for mono too much pissing about lining them up with eachother, the cost of them are pennies really with everything considered like return visits to mastic openings ect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk